Match Engine is fast-forwarding... And another question.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this question, so if you find it inappropriate, please feel free to move it.

When I am in a match, the game usually fast-forwards in regular intervals, and especially when the Asst. Manager's advice is processed, or when I make some tactical changes. Is there any way to prevent this, because my team doesn't score during this and there is almost no time for scoring goals? I'm running FM10 on Windows Vista with 3GB RAM and 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

And, whenever I exit FM10, Windows Media Center starts up. It isn't exactly a problem, but why is this happening?

Thanks!

The visual representation of the game, assuming that you are not watching the whole game is shown as specific highlights. Once a highlight has been shown, the game will move forward to the next highlight. In that time it has already been predetermined that nothing exceptional will happen. The game will recalculate the next highlight only after you make a change.

Ref the media player- delete the desktop shortcut. Go to Computer, Programs Files, Sports Interactive, FM 2010 and find the fm ( not the fm-MCE ) icon. Right click on this and send it to the desktop as a shortcut and the media player wont be activated.

assuming that you are not watching the whole game

How do I watch the whole game, if I've watching the highlights all this time?

I don't mind if there is nothing exceptional in a particular period of game time, but I do want to watch the whole game without skipping anything. Yes, I can always watch the skipped parts by moving the time slider, but those aren't live, are they? So is there any option in the Preferences to remove this?

Also, I checked the Display and Sound tab, and my Graphic Detail is High. Does this affect the game engine and the skipping of some parts of the game?

Thanks again!

there are several ways to watch a match.

1) just commentary (where you only see the words spoken)

2) view highlights (where you see all the shots made and all the touches by GKs)

3) extended (where you see even minor things in a match

4) view full match (where you watch everything for 90'.

to be honest I have never and will never sit for 90' to watch a single fake game! It is your choice though! you can fin that during a game either top right under the match controls tab or while you are in TV view at bottom of the screen

That's what I wanted! Right now my Highlight mode is

view highlights (where you see all the shots made and all the touches by GKs)

So now I just gotta change it to Extended!

Thanks Vangelis21 for solving this and thanks FrazT for solving the Media Center problem!

Archived