Can I create and name my own team?

Hi folks - long time no see you....

Is it possible to create a team from scratch, making up a name, colors and shields, even if in a lower league? Haven't seen this possibility yet. Was wondering if it can be done...

Thanks. I love FM!

PS: game has started to crach. I'll be following forum recommendations to see if crashes stop.

Are you using STEAM or not?

If you are, I can't help you, sorry.

If not, on XP, go to Start->All Programs->Sports Interactive->Football Manager 2010->Tools-> Editor. I believe there are minor differences for Vista, Windows 7, and Macs.

It may take a bit of getting used to, but the editor is quite easy to use. It shouldn't lead to crashes if you do it right.

Finding the editor for any OS/Installation method:

Where Can I find the Editor?

If installed using offline system it can be found in

C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe

On Vista and W7 It can also be accessed by right-clicking on FM2010 icon in games explorer

If installed using steam the editor can be found

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2010\Tools\

• 2 months later...

Hi, long time since I last posted here. I created a new team on the editor, a rich corporate club called "Ventura". It is intended to play on Brazil National Second Division, and on Rio de Janeiro Regional Division. My questions are:

- If my team wins the National Second Division, will it be promoted to the National First Division in the next season? (Wouldn't it clash with my initial editor config?).

- How to I add this team (Ventura) to both L2 Brazil and Rio de Janeiro Regional Divisions?

Thank you.

They would be promoted. I am not sure what you mean about clashing.

You just need to set their divisions in the competition tab of the club. The other division is the place for the regional division. Remember you need to remove a team from any division you add on to in order to keep the same number of teams in each division.

Thank you jod123.

I still have a few questions:

- how to remove a team from a division?

- how to re-edit a file I saved? (I see no "open file" other then the entire database)

- at last, is there any complete manual or comprehensive video manual on how to use the editor? (I guess this would stop me of asking such specific questions)

Thank you.

There a couple of ways to remove a team from a division but the best way is to search for that division in the editor. Then double click it to edit it and go to its teams section. Highlight the team you want to remove and then click the remove button at the bottom. You could also add your team with the add button that is there as well instead of using the way I mentioned above. For the regional divisions use the teams (other division) section instead of the normal teams one. However removing a team will mean that they are not in any division in the game so you may want to put them in a lower division so that they can get promoted in the future. If you do this though you have to remember to remove a team from the new division you put them in and so on.

To re-edit a saved file, you must load the database first from the file menu. Then when that is used load your file by using the load editor data file from the file menu.

There are a few things that might help. There is an unofficial guide for the editor here.

That thread is located in the editors hideaway where there are many more threads on things to do with the editor including threads on advanced editing.

There are some videos on youtube as well on using the editor such as

Hope they are of some help to you. If you have any more questions just ask. :thup:

Thanks much for your help!

I created a team "Ventura" (file "ventura"), and added Brazilian National Second Div and Brazilian Rio de Janeiro State Div. as its divisions, which is a peculiarity of Brazilian teams (they play both on national and state leagues). I added the latter division (Rio State) as "Other Division" but I'm not sure if FM considers it as a "Regional Division" instead...

I'm trying to add Ventura to both leagues, while removing one team of each. I was able to remove the team in the Brazilian Nat Second Div, but am not being able to remove a team from the Rio de Janeiro State Div. I click on the team (Tigres do Brazil, a team that does not exist in fact), click "remove" but nothing happens.

Any suggestions please?

I just tried that and you are right. That must be a slight anomaly with the editor.

Anyway the other way to remove them is to edit the competitions section in the Tigres do Brasil team and set their other division as none.

Indeed. Solution is to click on the undesired team first and remove the competitions it subscribers. Only then you can add your own team.

How do I edit so that I have no salary cap imposed by the board? (I gave myself 100M balance, 70M transfer + 30M salary) but can offer no more than 25k/year to staff and players!!

Thanks for your care!

Archived