fee may rise to...

What is that? I am signining a player whose contract is expired. His team need a compensation and i accept it. So i sign him and the message reads: "Subject to conditions, however, the fee may eventually rise to 2.2M" and right below "Cruzeiro will receive 800K as compensation". What is that exactly? not the compensation, you know, the other one. The may rise to....

If a player is under 24 (I think), and is signed out of contract by another club, then the club that is technically selling will recieve a compensation package either agreed by the clubs or a tribunal.

More often than not, this package will contain say, £150,000 up front, and then addons for goals, games played, promotion, international caps and so forth

The compensation package is 800k plus performance related clauses. Basically, you will definitely pay 800k but depending on stuff like how many appearances he makes, how many goals he scores etc you could end up paying the higher fee in the end.

That is my point. If the compensation is 800K, how and why can it be risen to 2M ?? please someone who knows

This has been explained by two different people in this thread, myself and Nev.

It's addons for appearances and so forth. If you're snagging a decent prospect from another club and he goes on to do well, and you do it without agreeing a transfer fee then they're gonna be ****ed.

This is why theres compensation packages.

Archived