Hidden Player Stats?

In earlier versions of Championship Manager (back when it was an SI game) the players seemed to have "hidden stats".

By that I mean some players had great stats, but almost always got bad ratings. For strikers too, some had great stats but would hardly ever score - and some who had pretty poor stats were absolutely deadly.

Does anybody know if these are present in FM 2010?

It is very noticeable that some strikers love to power it, while others will just pass it into the net.

I do have some players that are brilliant one game then poor the next and some that are rarely outstanding but hardly have a bad game.

I was starting with Norwich in League one (unpatched) and signed a free called Ebi Smolarek and although his stats were good - but not great he hit me 34 goals in his first season and 38 in the next. He always seemed to score when given am opportunity.

I am not sure whether this was a one off or not. The players I have now are all world-class so all of them get their fair share or goals but it does seem some will score all the time when they have a good opportunity and some don't (although they usually hit the target).

It is just about those ratings though?

I have Sergio Aguero - although he has good ratings in those areas, it is not as high as some players I have, yet outscores them even from a deeper role...

PPM's. Not hidden but they do influece the way some players play.

Then theres the hidden stats that can only be seen with an in-game editor, not sure what they are because I don't use in game editors or scouting programs, but I'd assume they influence a player's performance and reactions too.

Archived