15 year old regens asking for 15k a week and rotation squad status?!?!

I have just finished my first season as liverpool, and every regen I try to sign that is aged 15-17 asks for 15k a week and rotation squad status, this must be some kind of a bug..

Is anyone else getting this in their game?

I am Arsenal Manager and when I try and sign youth players, there are some that want £80,000 or a ridiculous wage for joining. So it could be some players are like that. If you sign them from a similar reputation club, but if you sign them from a smaller team, they tend to accept less in my experience.

If he has high PA then it shouldn't be an issue. Chances are he'll be worth the 15k by time he's 17. Pretty doubtful this is a bug.

Are you for real?!

A 15 year old is asking for £15,000 per week and wants to be in a squad rotation system.

There are very few players who make their debut at 15 (infact I can think of only one), let alone be in a rotation system.

Are you for real?!

A 15 year old is asking for £15,000 per week and wants to be in a squad rotation system.

There are very few players who make their debut at 15 (infact I can think of only one), let alone be in a rotation system.

But he won't get the £15k a week now, he'll only get it when he signs his professional contract at 17. At the age of 15 a player will have an idea of how good he's going to be so will demand a wage accordingly. This was put in in order to ensure managers wouldn't be able to snap all the best youth players (whether real or regens) and give them ridiculuously low contracts lasting until thier mid-20s thus gaming the system. It may not be how it works in real life, but to use an example from there, I'm sure that Pogba wouldn't sign for Man Utd unless he was given a guarantee of a significant wage increase on turning 17 (for football development he would have probably been better off staying at home).

But he won't get the £15k a week now, he'll only get it when he signs his professional contract at 17. At the age of 15 a player will have an idea of how good he's going to be so will demand a wage accordingly. This was put in in order to ensure managers wouldn't be able to snap all the best youth players (whether real or regens) and give them ridiculuously low contracts lasting until thier mid-20s thus gaming the system. It may not be how it works in real life, but to use an example from there, I'm sure that Pogba wouldn't sign for Man Utd unless he was given a guarantee of a significant wage increase on turning 17 (for football development he would have probably been better off staying at home).

Spot on. :thup:

Are you for real?!

I can get him for £13.5million; his PA is 199

15LorenzoMonti-2.png?t=1270409389

Uhh... He wants First team/Rotation squad status and £37,500 a week...

He won't join as Backup or a Hot Prospect...

I say no thank you to this guy... I'll give it a few years before buying him

And yes this is a kid on my game and I said those things... I highly doubt it's a bug

Thank for saving me the hassle of typing much he same thing :thup:

Also have a scout of him if your scouts are good. I read an article yesterday about the role of 'agents fees' in the game. Players often 'demand' much higher wages when they will actually accept significantly lower, so see what your scouts reckon you should be paying him.

Also have a scout of him if your scouts are good. I read an article yesterday about the role of 'agents fees' in the game. Players often 'demand' much higher wages when they will actually accept significantly lower, so see what your scouts reckon you should be paying him.

I read the same thing. And just like petey said when you scout a player, depending on the scouts' abilities, he can tell how much the player would want as his wage. When you get to the page where you offer a player a contract you will see that its the agent telling you the demands and not the player himself.....it was pretty eye opening.

So make sure to scout your potential signings extensively....it may turn out that these youngsters may want a lot less than 15k.

Let's look at the whole picture if the 15 year old regen is a future star cant see the problem in paying the wage, if he is not then dont bother and that's the same for all the others, simple really and no it's not a bug imo.

Significant wage inceases, yes, but not ridiculous like 15k and squad rotation. How many 17 year olds do you know earn 15k and is part of the squad rotation? I bet you can't name more than five, assuming there really are five of them around.

However, in FM, it's a common occurrence.

Archived