You are favourite for such and such a job messages too frequent?

I keep getting the same old message over and over again:

Gary Ablett probably will not renew his contract at Stockport when the season ends and I am favourite for the manager's job.

I've had this message something like 15-20 times in the last year and I'm rather surprised I'm the favourite because I'm just starting my second season as manager of KFUM Oslo in Norway Division 2. I'm also a former part-time player.

I've had similar messages about over clubs but not quite as frequently. Perterborough is another club and I really can't see me being touted as manager of a Championship club.

Early in my career I was touted as manager of Brisbane in the Aussie league.

Can I remove these messages in the subscriptions tab or are they just there to add flavour? To be frank, the same old message over and over is a bit far. If the game thinks I'm likely to apply and ruin my reputation with Oslo then someone's being stupid.

If I really am being touted as manager of a Championship/League 1 club then the reputation needs toned down a bit. I want to progress but I haven't even won anything yet. I finished 7th in season one (half season - started game with England start date) and I've won my first two games in season two but hardly set the world alight.

Thoughts?

It's known that the manager reps generated for human managers (and presumably regen managers) are too high. The game sees you as bigger than you should be, and as such you get jobs you shouldn't get.

If you give yourself a high starting reputation adn then go to a lowly club, of course you'll be linked to every decent job going.

Yes, but I didn't. I set myself as ex part-timer.

It's ironic really. Here I am in 2010 and wanting to stay at the club I'm at, but still getting a reputation and rumour. In FM2007 I was at lowly Skarp for about 10 seasons with relative success. But could I get noticed and get a job elsewhere? Like hell could I.

And there's the other thing that gets me about this. I have myself as English/Australian in the game and I got my first job in Norway. Now I have a national reputation in Norway which is fair enough as I had a giant-killing in the cup first season as well as coming close to beating Rosenborg.

But how am I known in England and Australia? I'm those nationalities for sure, but I've never managed there. Maybe I played there but they don't know my managerial skills. So presumably the media in England and Australia are following the Norwegian Leagues now, and even Division Two at that.

Bear in mind there are likely to be English managers somewhere in Scandinavia (I believe there was one in Finland a few years back - got mentioned because his team were in European competition against an English side) but how much do you hear of them over here?

A bit if tweaking for FM11 I think.

I love this game, and I am thoroughly enjoying my current save, but a little tinkering can never be wrong. It's great that the media speculates over jobs but realism needs to be perfected.

I get irritated by a former player of the club commenting on things about the club but not to the extent it spoils the playing of the game but wish they'd keep their opinions to themselves. when i was managing rangers Maurice Edu was making a couple of comments every week!

Archived