Task bar icons and Steam

Note to anyone who replies: Don't turn this into a 'I hate Steam' or 'Steam is rubbish' thread.

I seem to have noticed a very strange issue today. I was chatting to a friend on Steam and just after he logged I suddenly noticed the FM10 icon was on my task bar. I thought it was odd because I hadn't loaded FM10 up.

I clicked on the icon and it was my friends window. It appears to be so that whenever I open my friends window from the bottom of the main Steam window it puts up the FM icon.

I know it's not a major issue; I just wondered if anyone else had noticed it. I've been to the Steam forums and posted about it. I noticed afterwards that the thread I posted in was for the new Steam UI (did a search and didn't notice the forum), but I'm not using the new UI.

Opening up FM10 after puts two FM10 icons on the taskbar.

This is windows 7.

Note to anyone who replies: Don't turn this into a 'I hate Steam' or 'Steam is rubbish' thread.

I seem to have noticed a very strange issue today. I was chatting to a friend on Steam and just after he logged I suddenly noticed the FM10 icon was on my task bar. I thought it was odd because I hadn't loaded FM10 up.

I clicked on the icon and it was my friends window. It appears to be so that whenever I open my friends window from the bottom of the main Steam window it puts up the FM icon.

I know it's not a major issue; I just wondered if anyone else had noticed it. I've been to the Steam forums and posted about it. I noticed afterwards that the thread I posted in was for the new Steam UI (did a search and didn't notice the forum), but I'm not using the new UI.

Opening up FM10 after puts two FM10 icons on the taskbar.

This is windows 7.

Mine does the same but not all the time.

Instead of a "Steam" logo the Windows 7 taskbar shows a FM logo for Steam.

Mine does the same but not all the time.

Instead of a "Steam" logo the Windows 7 taskbar shows a FM logo for Steam.

Yeah, got the little black logo with a 'robot arm' type thing for Steam and a little square cut out of the FM boxes manager with 10 in yellow for FM. It's that FM logo that pops up twice.

Guess it could be something to do with Steam's new UI that pops up with or without you testing it?

Archived