The fans have ruined their club's Premier League chances...

If the fans of a football club want to buy it out, couldn't they find a better time to do so than right at the beginning of the summer transfer window preceding that club's entry into the Premier League? :( I'm entirely hamstrung by the transfer embargo that's consequently been placed on the club; I barely have a squad, let alone a Premier League-ready one, and am missing out each day on transfer market bargains. I can't even loan players. How long do fans' takeovers usually take? If this draws out for the entire summer I'm completely screwed, and it's all so stupid because there's no way fans in real life would time things such that their club would be in peril in the forthcoming season. Couldn't they have took over the club in mid-season?! :(

You will probably find the takeover completes the day after the transfer window shuts, that's the sort of thing that would happen on my games.

I have never been took over by fans but when I have been took over it takes a few weeks at least for it to go through, sometime it can keep breaking down and lasts for months.

Some times I do feel the game tries to screw you lol maybe that's just me sometimes, hope ur takeover doesn't last too long so u can make those vital signings

The day after the window shuts? I hope you're joking or we're utterly screwed. We have a Championship squad, minus my four loanees (three first choice), three retired players, and two who have been sold.

Oh, plus 35-year-old Rory Delap, who we managed to sign on a free before the embargo. Haha, a lot is riding on his shoulders!!

EDIT: Just after typing this, I got a message (11th August) saying Middlesbrough has returned to the control of the fans. Excellent! ...Oh, wait, transfer activity is "restricted" until uncertainties are resolved. GAH!

You will probably find the takeover completes the day after the transfer window shuts
The day after the window shuts? I hope you're joking!

No he's not joking.

After my promotion to the Premiership the fans started a takeover at my club at the beginning of July and it wasn't finalised until the end of August which totally screwed my transfer plans.

:mad:

Archived