English Premier League registrations

I am absolutely pi**ed off!!!!

I am in my second season, and low and behold, there's a new rule for English premier league players to be registered. Only 25 players (8 home grown) can only be played during the league season. My questions are:

1) why isn't this rule explained during the game or before the transfer window opened? I have spent nearly £30million on new players, of which I cannot play!!

2) when did this rule come in? I have never heard of it, and I obviously only became aware of it when it was too late.

3) what a complete waste of money. How can this be making the game better? If there isn't a way of turning this rule off, I want my money back. I'll go back to FM09, where the you had the freedom trading players, and playing them.

If people aren't privy to this, either find a way to remove this nonsense feature, or get your money back quick. It is a complete joke.

SI have seriously gone down in my estimation. And please don't tell me this rule exists. Portsmouth can play whoever they can because of their transfer embargo.

A complete disappointment, and I need answer, because I am paying your wages!!!!

I am sure you are told this a month before the transfer window shuts, it's not just 25 players as players that are under 21 before the end of the transfer window do not have to be registered. It will be in real life next season, that's the reason it happens in the game.

What I have always enjoyed about FM is the ability, and freedom to use the transfer market as you please. To buy and sell at you're leisure, creating a some income, and creating a decent squad with strength in depth. Well this now doesn't exist in season two of FM2010. Be warned.

Of course this is a rant. As soon as I pay for the game, I gain that right. But to have a new rule in place, which can be easily missed if you are unaware of it, is sly, and misleading. If this rule does come into place in real life next season, it should have been clearly stated in the game. I may as well send all the players I can't play on loan, where they won't be able to play for another team, unless their league rules are different from the EPL.

There must be a something in the editor that removes this unfair rule.

What I have always enjoyed about FM is the ability, and freedom to use the transfer market as you please. To buy and sell at you're leisure, creating a some income, and creating a decent squad with strength in depth. Well this now doesn't exist in season two of FM2010. Be warned.

Of course this is a rant. As soon as I pay for the game, I gain that right. But to have a new rule in place, which can be easily missed if you are unaware of it, is sly, and misleading. If this rule does come into place in real life next season, it should have been clearly stated in the game. I may as well send all the players I can't play on loan, where they won't be able to play for another team, unless their league rules are different from the EPL.

There must be a something in the editor that removes this unfair rule.

This rule is real.

Just like work permits.

Just like needing to pay money to buy players.

Just like needing players to agree to contracts to sign for you.

All of these things make assembling the ultimate team harder, do you want them removed from the game too?

Of course this is a rant. As soon as I pay for the game, I gain that right.

But you CAN use the transfer market as you please! Why do you need to register more than 25 players? Also, "...I gain that right" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.

this is a rule that is going to come into effect in the 2010/11 season.

This game is a football manager simulator, so it is designed to be realistic.

you can have 25 players, plus as many under 21 players as you like.

are you really going to need 2-3 players in every position who are over 21?

REALLY?

Why do you need to register more than 25 players? Also, "...I gain that right" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.

OK, so you pay for a new version of an old game. The old game worked fine and you had free reign in a transfer market. Rules from that game have changed but you are unaware of them, and you are expected to accept that?

I would want to register more than 25 players because I have been able to before, and because for umpteen seasons on previous FM incarnations, I had that choice before. Let's take all our choices away from us in a new version. And the player registration rule was fine in the first season, completely contradicting the reason to change it.

I can't believe you do not have a choice to remove this poor feature, taking the pleasure out of trading players. The best part of the game was scouring the market looking for hidden gems. Now, if you find them, there's no point in buying them. And you guys are happy with that??

My point is about choice and I was unaware that my choices have been limited after blowing a huge percentage of my transfer budget. Am I supposed to be happy about that?

I am surprised footy fans can be so passive [obeying readily: tending to submit or obey without arguing or resisting].

OK, so you pay for a new version of an old game. The old game worked fine and you had free reign in a transfer market. Rules from that game have changed but you are unaware of them, and you are expected to accept that?

I would want to register more than 25 players because I have been able to before, and because for umpteen seasons on previous FM incarnations, I had that choice before. Let's take all our choices away from us in a new version. And the player registration rule was fine in the first season, completely contradicting the reason to change it.

I can't believe you do not have a choice to remove this poor feature, taking the pleasure out of trading players. The best part of the game was scouring the market looking for hidden gems. Now, if you find them, there's no point in buying them. And you guys are happy with that??

I am surprised footy fans can be so passive [obeying readily: tending to submit or obey without arguing or resisting].

I don't think it is SI's fault that you don't know anything about the EPL.

I find this a fun feature! It also enocurages you to send out some younger players on loan. Not Under 21's but like 22 year old's. You also limit yourself signing wise so you dont go and buy a ton of players in one window.

It isn't taking choices away from you,the game is following the real life rules of football for petes sake.

Remember when only 5 subs was allowed and now it's 7,the game tries to be as realistic as possible and updates the rules when the FA create rules,is that so hard to understand ?

And if your unaware of new rules then perhaps you should look on the FA's website and try and keep up to date with football.

The rules in real life are changing, are you proposing that the game doesn't??

You've never registered players before for the Premier League.

My point is about choice and I was unaware that my choices have been limited after blowing a huge percentage of my transfer budget. Am I supposed to be happy about that?

Its not a feature, its a rule that all EPL clubs will abide by next season. If you have a problem with it why not take it up with the EPL :rolleyes:

yes you have been able to before because the NEW rule wasn't planned for previous seasons. I recommend that you take it up with the Court for Human Rights as your right to have a choice is clearly being contravened by a game!!!!!!

Archived