Which Goalie should I buy ?

Currently deciding between a big money goalkeeper purchase. The last two contenders are very close and the decision boils down to do I want the goalkeeper who is better at distribution or do I want the one who is better at communicating and quite a bit faster ? in all other respects they are very close so which one should i go for ?

If you play a counter attacking game Id go for distribution. If not, the other one.

thanks. I think I want my team to try and control the game, so perhaps the communicator is the better option.

I've got Igor Akinfeev as my main goalie. He has been brilliant. No complaints whatsoever.

I have him aswell but his lack of Command of Area worries me :( Sometimes he wont collect the ball.

I have him aswell but his lack of Command of Area worries me :( Sometimes he wont collect the ball.

I haven't noticed it being a problem for me. Otamendi causes me far more problems. Argh! :o

Areola becomes a great keeper after a few seasons

I've got him. He was on loan at Oldham this season (in my game) and they finished 1st in League 1. He has a lot of potential so I can't wait to see what he's like in a couple of years.

I have Constel Pantillmion. Hes awesome. 20 for ariel ability in the scottish league is a big bonus!! Bought hime for 3.2M for hearts and ive turned down 20-25M bids from Liverpool, Stoke and Lazio.

Evrytime the likes of Man city are interested in him i get him to sign a new contract to fend them off...and he signs! :) :)

Rene Adler is my 'keep of choice as well. He can usually be had during or after the second season for his market value (approximately £7-8mil) due to requesting a transfer.

Got him on a free transfer at the end of third season. Doing great so far. Also got Ochoa on the bench and I play both regularly.

I had Joe Hart in on loan in the championship and he undoubtedly got me promoted, making unbelievable saves every game and only let in about 28 all season with around 20 clean sheets. He finished the season with an average rating of 8.03 before heading off to Sevilla from Man City for £3.2 mill.

Don't know how good he would be in premiership but he is Englands no.1!

Currently deciding between a big money goalkeeper purchase. The last two contenders are very close and the decision boils down to do I want the goalkeeper who is better at distribution or do I want the one who is better at communicating and quite a bit faster ? in all other respects they are very close so which one should i go for ?

If you've got the money and willing to spend big for a keeper then sign Hugo Lloris. Brilliant keeper, had him at Real Madrid. Cost me a lot but worth every penny. He's relatively young aswell.

Archived