CA or attributes?

It just occurred to me that as we have two distinct way to measure players ability, should we use the current ability stat that our coach reports tell us or their actual attributes?

Im just wondering as my left back with 4 tackling and marking and 8 pace is seen to be better than my left back with 10 tackling marking?

Thanks in advance.

It just occurred to me that as we have two distinct way to measure players ability, should we use the current ability stat that our coach reports tell us or their actual attributes?

Im just wondering as my left back with 4 tackling and marking and 8 pace is seen to be better than my left back with 10 tackling marking?

Thanks in advance.

I asked the same question a little while ago.

From what I gather the CA is how good the player is against your current squad. Not neccesarily an automatic choice for your team!!!

Attributes are needed for the team, which are if I am right compared on a one to one basis.

If this wrong then please feel free to correct me

Coaches will go on the player as a whole, and will overlook some specific flaws, like those you mention.

I imagine your left back with 10 for marking would be better defensively, but your other one will be more use when you are pushing for a goal.

You should go for attributes, but it would seem the AI picks players on CA or Reputation etc. A higher CA may not mean the player is better than a player with lower CA but better attributes for the position.

For example my assistant manager kept choosing Stephen Ireland as my right winger instead of my up and coming youngster, who had better pace, acceleration, crossing etc. The only conclusion I could think of is that Ireland was chosen because he had a higher CA or reputation

You should consider both methods based on how you wanna play.

Depending on how you play each position is how you should choose your players.

I think you should still consider what your coaches say in their reports but, depending on how well they have evaluated your players in the past, but let that have too much influence on your decision making.

Archived