What determines the quality of regens?

What determines the quality of regens coming through at your club?

I assume club reputation has something to do with it. Training and youth facilities too, no doubt. Does the league reputation and the reputation of the nation also have an effect though?

The reason I ask is because I have always been interested in trying out a long-term save in which I would attempt to take a small country forward, eventually making them into a top international side. I know that there is a challenge along similar lines (the San Marino Challenge) in CSE. What I want to know is if there is the potential to achieve this in FM?

For instance, if I take the example of the Indian league, would there be the potential there for me to make them into a powerhouse of Asian international football? If I were to manage a club in India, constantly winning trophies, improving training and youth facilities, and raising the reputation of the side, plus slowly building the reputation of the Indian national team by winning matches, would I eventually improve the regens coming through at my club, and at other clubs in India, significantly? Or would the low league reputation of India hold me back and influence the quality of the regens coming through?

Does anyone know what factors influence the quality of regens at your club? Also, does anyone have any interesting stories about this kind of challenge in the game?

Thanks in advance for any contributions. :)

youth facilities

This does seem to be accepted but having played many seasons for barcelona in both FM09 and 10 - yes I have had some average-good newgens but i have never had any very good newgens. And going on the youth facilities - then why do some minor clubs with much worse youth facilities produce some cracking newgens?

And going on the reputation of the team and host country - in my experiences with Barcelona I would have to say that it is more random than many people think - and from my save in Spain it is often some of the lower teams in Spain that produce some of the best Spanish newgens as opposed to the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid etc.

I think the French league is a good place to find good regens. The basic regen standard appears to be much higher in french clubs than in English clubs, despite arguably better facilities in many big clubs in England.

I my experience it's a combination of

youth facilities & Staff.

Like the previous poster said, France is a great place for regens, but i've always favoured Holland and the south Americas.

So invest in some new training gear for sure!

I am just venturing a guess here, but I imagine that so many great regens come from lowly clubs because there are far more lower league sides than big clubs. So it's in the numbers: hundreds and hundreds of "low" clubs and few "big" clubs. Again, I am sure this is not the whole reason, if it's a reason at all. And I still think that too few good regens come through top sides.

I'd take a guess and say that it's random, but influenced by:

Youth facilities

- Better facilities = better newgens. Academy, etc

Club reputation

- Not exactly sure, but then on Man Utd I've had more than one "best player of his generation" message. Of course, the aforementioned argument for low-rep clubs seeming to be able to produce so many "good" newgens is also very valid, seeing that sheer numbers works well with randomness

League Standard

- Also unsure about this, but maybe, maybe.

Coaching staff

- I can't convince myself if this should be here. A part of me thinks this only determines how are players developed, rather than generated, but who knows.

Scouting knowledge

- Definitely affects newgen nationality, but theoretically it should work too, right? A club covering a vast expanse of the world will be able to pick up promising youths. Of course, there are real-life rulings on foreign youths and such, but then it still happens.

Playing & Non-playing staff

- It may be purely anecdotal on my part, but it seems that everytime a suspected brother/son/grandson of a current player or even legend (or even YOUR kid, about as awesome as the Stadium naming thing), he seems to be at least above average. Not often, but it seems that way for me.

On my experience and my experiment.

in my true game, i have one very good player even not change anything. So i assumed it is randomize when creating the regens. Sometime u are lucky to have the quality one.

But i tried to experiment with the facilities...

When the youth facilities quality is around < 15, the regens always have PA around 90 (most) - 140

But when change to > 15,the regens always 130 - 160

On my experience and my experiment.

When the youth facilities quality is around < 15, the regens always have PA around 90 (most) - 140

But when change to > 15,the regens always 130 - 160

I'd say that it isn't ALWAYS the case, because as some have pointed out, Wonderkids have appeared from clubs with pretty poor youth facilities.

Rather I'd say a high youth system rating greatly increases the likelihood of a future star coming through, perhaps even raising the lower limit/cap of any player's CA/PA

I'd say that it isn't ALWAYS the case, because as some have pointed out, Wonderkids have appeared from clubs with pretty poor youth facilities.

Rather I'd say a high youth system rating greatly increases the likelihood of a future star coming through, perhaps even raising the lower limit/cap of any player's CA/PA

agree with that...

imo, for wonderkids from poor youth facilities, maybe it is what SI done to make it realistic.

in real life there are some wonderkids come from poor clubs.

and one thing to be sure... are the best scout personal contribute on best regens?

This may be pure coincidence, but I've noticed that since I've focussed my attention on bringing through my own youth players, the quality has increased.

They are not quite the best players in the World, but I am getting quality regens coming through year after year. There has not been a year recently where I have not had at least one youth player capable of making it in the Premier League.

Archived