Can this graphics card play FM in 3D mode?

Worth getting then do you reckon? Will it affect enjoyment?

Depends, if it is a really expensive laptop, I would suggest keep looking :thup:

I sometimes wish I had a better graphics card, but I live with it and have been enjoying the game since release regardless :)

Yeah it will run the 3D mode, but it wont be as clean/nice and smooth as other users. It will work though :thup:
Depends, if it is a really expensive laptop, I would suggest keep looking :thup:

I sometimes wish I had a better graphics card, but I live with it and have been enjoying the game since release regardless :)

Its £399 which I guess is pretty cheap for a laptop. Has 4G RAM and a good processor. So is just lacking in graphics card.

Its £399 which I guess is pretty cheap for a laptop. Has 4G RAM and a good processor. So is just lacking in graphics card.

Sounds similiar to my laptop. :thup:

I have had no problems with enjoyment, 3D mode runs pretty well (not as great as my mates who has a dedicated graphics card) but I think it is fine. My only worry is future FM's, depending on how detailed they make their 3D mode in future.

Sounds similiar to my laptop. :thup:

I have had no problems with enjoyment, 3D mode runs pretty well (not as great as my mates who has a dedicated graphics card) but I think it is fine. My only worry is future FM's, depending on how detailed they make their 3D mode in future.

Thanks for your help mate. Looks like I may take the plunge and buy it.

I take it you have this graphics card that I asked about then?

Thanks for your help mate. Looks like I may take the plunge and buy it.

I take it you have this graphics card that I asked about then?

Indeed I do. :) Glad to have helped!

Embedded Intel® GMA X4500HD

Any help much appreciated.

A bit like you Googie - I have recently ordered a laptop - I think it is very similar to yours as we have the same graphics card, ram, and around the same price. This was also my only concern - it seemed to have the power etc but I was not sure about the graphics card. As long as it plays the 3-D that will be fine for me. As long as it does not say freeze for a good few seconds every so often that it should be ok. As the laptop is fairly new then it should come with newish stuff etc. And as the 3-D does not require a graphic card for the 'hard-core' gaming laptops then it should be fine. Otherwise in a few years then if the minimum requirements do change for graphics cards then alot of people will need to upgrade and as SI now all our computer specs then I would doubt they would make FM too graphical intensive!

Thats a low-mid range graphic card, you will probably be able to play it but probably not as smoothly as you may like it...but tbh unless you dont like playing fast, playing 3d is pointless.

ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 graphics

The ATI 4200 is a bit better than the Intel 4500 but the performance will be rather similar. Mines ATI Radeon 4530 and thats only a bit better than the 4200 and it plays fine (I can play pro Evo, fifa and other random games) so it should be no prob mate. FM doesnt need great graphic cards, more like ram.

While on the subject of graphics cards, would a ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 graphics card play FM in 3D mode? Have found another laptop with the same specs but different graphics card.

If it's about the same price then it's probably just the ATI equivalent of the Nvidia graphics card and not a lot different than the first one.

Does it has to be a laptop, and can you stretch to a bit more than £400?

There are some nice online PC retailers where you can get a nice cheap and reliable system. Go and buy PC Zone and have a look at the adverts. Either that or have a look in one of the PC parts mags.

It will run just about okay but it's very underpowered for the cost.

You can get much better specs for that sort of money.

In a laptop, with the same sort of RAM and CPU.. You will be struggling to get much better for £400.

Did a search on the graphics chip and came up with this:

I think the G210m is a pretty impressive little GPU, plays COD MW 2 flawlessly along with many other titles. I am playing Mass Effect 2 atm and havent experienced the slightest problem. I played ME1 on almost the highest settings, the frame rate only became a problem on a handful of occasions.

If you want a laptop that can play all the new releases but don't want to break the bank the G210m is a great option. I paid £400 for my Lenovo G450 and I am very happy with it. Anyone wanting more info is welcome to email me

(here)

Here is a review.

Did a search on the graphics chip and came up with this:

I think the G210m is a pretty impressive little GPU, plays COD MW 2 flawlessly along with many other titles. I am playing Mass Effect 2 atm and havent experienced the slightest problem. I played ME1 on almost the highest settings, the frame rate only became a problem on a handful of occasions.

If you want a laptop that can play all the new releases but don't want to break the bank the G210m is a great option. I paid £400 for my Lenovo G450 and I am very happy with it. Anyone wanting more info is welcome to email me

(here)

Here is a review.

Cheers mate. Thing is, I'm not sure about laptops direct. Have heard bad reviews about them.

Anyone used them before?

Cheers mate. Thing is, I'm not sure about laptops direct. Have heard bad reviews about them.

Anyone used them before?

Google's great, mate. :D I'm happy to help but just saying for when no one's available to help you. :thup:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews61649.html

Dont forget you're fully covered by consumer law. If you buy from anywhere you have your rights safeguarded. If at any time you're really not happy with how things are going then you can do something about it. Just make sure you keep all correspondance, all receipts and keep a record of all actions if there's problems.

Other review sites aren't as congratulatory. I guess it's up to you whether you go for it.

Like I said earlier, there's some good companies out there that sell computing products. You may even find a reasonably priced company in your local Yellow Pages. I'm probably not allowed to advertise here but I bought my latest PC from a company I saw advertised in PC Zone (began with a C) and I'm very happy with it. There was a problem with the RAM at first but they were very helpful with rectifying that. Overall it was a good customer service experience and they were happy to accept that there was a problem...which is something every company should do.

hey, mate, one year from now you'll want to play a game in 4D, and this crappy laptop model won't handle it.

My best advice is that, since you are investing in a brand new piece of equipment, it is much, much better to invest a couple of quid more to get a better laptop, lest you may regret making a cheap choice.

Archived