FM11 Scenarios?

I just read a thread from someone asking if anyone had an end of season database with a team fighting relegation with about 10 games to go and this got me thinking - Maybe in FM11, aswell as the 'Start new game' which creates a proper game, there could be a scenarios section on the game. I haven't quite thought of what the scenarios could be yet but perhaps:

You are 2 points clear at the top of the Premiership with 7 games left and your 3 best players are out injured? Can you win the premiership?

You are 7 points off safety with 5 games left but with a game in hand against the team above you?

Obviously I made these scenarios up as I was writing my thread, but perhaps with some thoughts and suggestions from people this could work?

This little part of the game could also have some sort of achievement page, so you can see what scenarios you have completed.

Anyway, if you have taken the time to read through all the post, share your thoughts.

Cheers, Mark

Ah, this takes me back to ISS on the Nintento 64 :)

Those scenarios were great fun, and i'm sure this would be too.

BRILLIANT idea!

Yeah me too! :D

Very good idea. But would the save end at the end of that season or could you continue with the save?

Yeah me too! :D

Very good idea. But would the save end at the end of that season or could you continue with the save?

Good question, whatever the percentage of people preferred I suppose. I would say that I think it should end therefore that scenario would be accomplished but either way the scenarios would be fun and something different to undergo on FM.

I do like this idea. I seem to remember a football game, (possibly Fifa?), on playstation where you were losing say 2 - 0 with the second half to go and you had to try and win; same kin of concept I suppose.

Brilliant idea.

I think it would spark renewed interest in the game. More so than the updated editor that was released with FM2010.

You could even be known in the game as a certain type of manager. E.g., respected as a 'big tournament manager' like Hiddink. The effect of this being you will be considered when these types of jobs come up.

It ties in nicely with updated objectives I'd like to see in FM2011. Rather than just 'title challenger', you could negotiate some more meaningful goals, such as bring the club under control financially over two years.

Hi - scenarios are never a bad idea. (I personally prefer other scenarios than the ones you suggested, IMHO). Whenever you apply for a manager job for team mid-season, you'll probably face a challenging scenario. (e.g., I applied to manage Uruguay during the So America WCQ when it was just mid table, and had to lead the country through qualification, etc...)

Other scenarios:

- two lower-level teams (in a same town for example) decide to merge, and you have to manage that process.

- some Arab billionaire approaches you, and offers you a mega $$$ to find, buy and manage a team for him (and his glory).

- you got to run a team whose many players have a very bad personality, morale and relationship issues...

Haven't been able to log on recently due to work issues but just had a quick look through and the majority of people seem to be liking the suggestion. Does anybody else have any scenarios they think could be included if this idea was to be included in future versions of the game?

not a bad idea but to be honest i wouldn't do it because i would like to do my own save

Do you ever get to a point in a season and think 'hmmm I could do with something different' and end up starting a whole career again? Well perhaps you could instead, play a scenario or two for something different then get back into the current save refreshed after trying something different. You never know you may end up playing them if they were introduced despite saying you wouldn't at this moment in time.

good Idea

this would work on 2 different paths

1 as challenge for people bored with their long savegames

2 as tutorials for the new players

so if someone new who doesn't know how to play yet starts with these scenarios and the scenario will teach him all he needs to know in a long-term save

good Idea

this would work on 2 different paths

1 as challenge for people bored with their long savegames

2 as tutorials for the new players

so if someone new who doesn't know how to play yet starts with these scenarios and the scenario will teach him all he needs to know in a long-term save

I was thinking the same mate, instead of jumping straight into a game whilst being slightly confused about all the different types of things you can click and do, these scenarios would be a great way to introduce new people to the game and to get used to the tactics etc.

(I'm not saying these scenarios should be for new players, just that these could help them)

Just read some information about LMA manager 2001 and it states "There are a total of 14 scenarios (challenges) that range from the relatively straightforward staving off relegation with five games left to go in the season, to taking a 3rd Division to the EPL in only 3 seasons!"

Did anybody play these scenarios and what did they think of them?

Archived