Please change the way that FILTERS work within the game. It is doing my head in.

I have brought this up a few times but as it still hasn't been changed I guess I will continue to bring it up until somebody does something about it.

The way the current filter system work on the "Players-selection" screen is as follows.

If a player can play as a midfielder, (anywhere), and he can also play centrally, (anywhere), then because he can play midfield and central, the game decides that he can play central midfield and keeps the player in the screen when you ask to only filter in midfield centre's.

I have many many many many players who now turn up in the wrong screens because of this and it is just annoying that such a simple thing cannot be sorted.

He can't play MC so I don't want him on the screen. He can play SC, (so he can play central), and he can play MR, (so he can play midfield), but I want to look at players who can play MC.

Please please please please please change the way that this is done in future. I know that there is loads of stuff that is hard to do, but surely this isn't one of them icon_frown.gif.

I have brought this up a few times but as it still hasn't been changed I guess I will continue to bring it up until somebody does something about it.

The way the current filter system work on the "Players-selection" screen is as follows.

If a player can play as a midfielder, (anywhere), and he can also play centrally, (anywhere), then because he can play midfield and central, the game decides that he can play central midfield and keeps the player in the screen when you ask to only filter in midfield centre's.

I have many many many many players who now turn up in the wrong screens because of this and it is just annoying that such a simple thing cannot be sorted.

He can't play MC so I don't want him on the screen. He can play SC, (so he can play central), and he can play MR, (so he can play midfield), but I want to look at players who can play MC.

Please please please please please change the way that this is done in future. I know that there is loads of stuff that is hard to do, but surely this isn't one of them icon_frown.gif.

Let me explain a bit better.

I have a striker who I have retrained to ply on the right hand side of midfield.

He is a natural striker.

He is an accomplished midfield (right).

He has absolutely no other positions listed at any ability whatsover,

He is still appearing on my screen when I filter out everyone who cannot play MC.

Do you see what I mean now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

You sound desperate dude. Don't do anything rash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not desperate, just annoyed with a feature. I've experienced this problem myself too, and often put ST in MC roles by mistake because of it.

It should be very simple to change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

You sound desperate dude. Don't do anything rash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More frustrated really icon_frown.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

No. No it won't.

That is the whole point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesnt FM make you want to tear your hair out.

I feel for you mate, just dont let it get to you!

Put it in the pile of FM errors and get on with playing the game!

no, is a flaw in the game and has been for some time. Say if you have a AM RL, ST then the filters will list that player as being an MC as well, even when they have absolutely zero AMC or MC ability. Also a D RC, WBR - the same thing will happen. And a DR, DM will be listed as a DC, even when they have no ability in that position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

is it only me who remebers all the positions my players play in after a couple of games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a fair point but I only play 1 save and I know my team pretty well.

Part of the problem is that I play in N.Ireland. As a result of this I play in a ridiculous number of Cup games that in effect means that I require almost 3 seperate squads to compete at all senior levels.

Squad 1 will compete in Europe.

Squad 2 will compete in League games.

Squad 3 will compete in Cup competitions.

Now this doesn't include fringe players that will play in the Reserve league and U18's league.

This might mean that I have far more players at my club than you would at first think.

I currently have 69 players at the club.

45 of these players have represented the senior team this season.

I retrain players in new positions as a matter of course to ensure that I have cover for as many positions as possible and this is possibly making the situation worse.

Let me take a few pics and I will show you what I mean.

Cannot play MC yet appears when I filter out all other positions.

Cannot play MC but appears when I filter out all other positions.

Cannot play MC but appears when I filter out all other positions.

Cannot play MR but appears when I filter out all other positions.

This seems to have nothing to do with a players hidden ability to play in certain positions and far more to do with the way that the filter system has been created.

It has been programmed to think that if a plyer can play on the right hand side and in midfield then he can play at MR. That sounds fair enough but if he can only play at right back and central midfield then that is where the problem occurrs.

It shouldn't be that hard to change the way that the game recognises these positions for the filter and adjusts them accordingly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

ok you look for an ST or FC. However AM/FC seltic position. IS NOT a MC etc. Your mistake not the games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wrong I'm afraid.

It IS a flaw in the way that the filter system works.

There's a bit of this in the players search screen as well. What's needed here is the option to filter for "natural" only, "accomplished" or better etc.

If I wanted to search for natural left backs I can't. The player search screen returns all manner of numpties - right backs, central midfielders, midfield lefts; if they can play left back at a push the filter returns them and I have to wade through all these players I didn't want to ask for.

The problem is clear; the filter works by simply doing 2 seperate checks:

1) can the player play in midfield

2) can the player play on the right

Would show up a player who is (for example) normally a full back but can play defensive midfielder (I'm thinking someone in the Phil Neville style). However he clearly can't play right midfield.

What the filter needs to do is make the second search conditional on the first.

1) can the player play i) defence ii) right defence (i.e. fullback)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Thanks Si icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But really Jimbo, this should have been posted in the bugs forum in the first place, rather than clogging up this forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Si BHA:

we're aware of this issue and its been logged internally. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hurrah someone is listening/reading! I understand exactly what the OP is going on about, it's nice to see what options are available in a certain position. I don't remember this being a problem on CM 03/04?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

But really Jimbo, this should have been posted in the bugs forum in the first place, rather than clogging up this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bitterness?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

But really Jimbo, this should have been posted in the bugs forum in the first place, rather than clogging up this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bitterness? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a little, yea. Gripper singled out me for the foul language (which admittedly, wasn't necessary, but still) - and now he find my thread among 30 others, and points me to the Bugs forum, (along with 1 or 2 others) - but overlooks a mass amount of other threads.

But still, let me not say anymore, because I'll be banned before I finish this reply otherwise.

Archived