Crosses Not Working

Most of the time I look at the stats of my matches it has a really low percentage of crosses working and my assistant manager usually says something about my crosses being ineffective in his feedback. Does this happen to many people? Should I try something different with the tactics (if so, what?) or just put my wingers personal instructions to crossing rarely?

Happens quite a bit to me. It's rather infuriating seeing that a team like Man Utd only had 9% cross success rate. Compare your forwards to the opposition's defenders, particularly the DCs. If it looks like they've got the beating of you in the air, change your instructions. There's no point banging crosses in if you've got 5'5" Ludovic Giuly being man-marked by 6'5" Brede Hangeland :p Ball will just be whipped in and Hangeland will clear it all day long.

Crosses are pretty useless in this game at the moment. I have noticed that my wingers, despite beating the full back, like to slow down for no reason and let the defender recover to make a block. Happens roughly 90% of the time.

I noticed this, the most recent time was against Holland (with England) in the first friendly and I got 9% even though I had Bentley and Downing on the wings and Crouch upfront because I was trying to see if England could play long ball game haha.

Archived