Board is upset I signed this player?

I wouldn't worry too much, I signed a world class keeper in Ochoa for only $14M (USD) and the supporters complained about the "waste" of money - mind you this was when I was newly promoted to the Championship. 2 Months later the fans had changed their mind and now see him as a "truly inspired signing".

It does this a lot when you sign a player for the future.

I've had the board and crowd disappointed about my new signing - he was a 15 year old regen who had immense potential, irl he wouldn't even be legal to play in the Premier League (You have to be 16 iirc) and he was a signing for the future. That is something that needs to be fixed for next year :)

yep the fans sometimes complain about a signing, when I was at Rangers I signed a brazillian keeper for 11 million and they were moaning about him but he quickly won the fans over with some impressive performances. Fans are a fickle bunch at the best of times and need to have something to moan about!

if you play the player, (and the player gets a "decent" rating and doesnt cause any kind of massive squad disharmony) the fans (and the Board members that pay attention to them) would be happy.

You would find that if you sign players as "hot prospects" (or of a less contract status), there would be no implied obligation to play them by the fans or Board; the reverse is true for Key players.

It does this a lot when you sign a player for the future.

I've had the board and crowd disappointed about my new signing - he was a 15 year old regen who had immense potential, irl he wouldn't even be legal to play in the Premier League (You have to be 16 iirc) and he was a signing for the future. That is something that needs to be fixed for next year :)

Yet another thing wrong with fans opinion on FM, well i never!

Archived