Secret Jokes by SI

In Football Manager 2005 i remember finding playing for a non-league English football team, if i remember correctly, that was called Badgers FC the whole of the SoccerAM crew (Rocket, Tubes, Tim Lovejoy - who was very expensove for his stats - and the others) and i found that hidden joke by SI very amusing. Now i was wondering if anyone had found something similar to that in this years edition (Like a celebritiy or another secret joke). Thanks for any replies in advance!

There was the April Fools day joke, that was great.

Perhaps the first time - eventually they got you a yellow from Gripper icon_biggrin.gif

I remember on 06 there was someone called Steve ... of the Crewe Chronicle - that was odd.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was the April Fools day joke, that was great.

Perhaps the first time - eventually they got you a yellow from Gripper icon_biggrin.gif

I remember on 06 there was someone called Steve ... of the Crewe Chronicle - that was odd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, sure did icon_frown.gif - not long now 'till it expires mind icon_biggrin.gif

Although, something that bothers me, is that I see some people who got yellows like, months ago, still have them in the profile.!

I.E - "Yellow Card - Exp 12/01/08" - and its still there, haha. Hope mine doesn't stay that long.

As for the coaching one, I vaguely remember that, something detrimental to the player, IIRC.

Steve ... of the Crewe Chronicle

Just checked on the database - it's Peter Morse of the Crewe Chronicle. Can't find a google/wikipedia hit, and he's not in the FM08 credits (couldn't check '06 credits). Weird. Perhaps someone from SI can tell me if I'm on to something.

And NepentheZ, you'll need to email the mods once your card has expired to get it removed - it won't go automatically. That explains the situation you described - lazy, lazy people icon_biggrin.gif.

Slang expletive employed as an attenuated alternative (minced oath) to (bird noises from big brother) or express disbelief, pain, anger, or contempt in a given situation

in the context you used it in it was a swear word. naughty icon_biggrin.gif

harchester haha, never watched dream team, would prefer a book version of a make believe football team if anyone knows of one. is that guy still trying to buy and ansfield and change thier name?

Originally posted by Ascanius:

Newcastle just won the league on my FM08.

What was the April Fools joke, or was there none, that being the April Fool?

A message appeared on April 1st IRL and April 1st IG - saying the board are feeling generous and have offered you £500,000 transfer fund, do you accept.

When you his accept, a little message popped up saying "You didn't think we'd make it that easy for you, did you?"

Brilliant.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was the April Fools day joke, that was great.

I remember on 06 there was someone called Steve ... of the Crewe Chronicle - that was odd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, sure did icon_frown.gif - not long now 'till it expires mind icon_biggrin.gif

Although, something that bothers me, is that I see some people who got yellows like, months ago, still have them in the profile.!

I.E - "Yellow Card - Exp 12/01/08" - and its still there, haha. Hope mine doesn't stay that long.

As for the coaching one, I vaguely remember that, something detrimental to the player, IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What foul language did you use in connection with the April fool's joke!? lol

Originally posted by Law_Man:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

As for the coaching one, I vaguely remember that, something detrimental to the player, IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What foul language did you use in connection with the April fool's joke!? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERE

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1Luke1:

Me friend clams he found a player called Ice-Cream, he thinks it was Fm 07.

He's real! Plays in Austria I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, he's real. His full name is Osa Guobadia.

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

To anyone else interested in the above picture, just get this:

http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=****sxdlt3.jpg

and replace the asterisks with a common four letter word beginning with f. That's why the links weren't working for him, because the URL contains something that's getting censored. :p

A real player again, and the source of one of the all-time great sport headlines:

"Argelico ****s off to Benfica"

Originally posted by howdy-doody:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corned beef & cabbage:

Who can forget the classic "request for larger half-time oranges"?

I sure can't

Haha,thats genius!which version of the game was that in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think it was either 99/00 or 00/01

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ascanius:

Newcastle just won the league on my FM08.

What was the April Fools joke, or was there none, that being the April Fool?

A message appeared on April 1st IRL and April 1st IG - saying the board are feeling generous and have offered you £500,000 transfer fund, do you accept.

When you his accept, a little message popped up saying "You didn't think we'd make it that easy for you, did you?"

Brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it £500M? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived