Scoring Corners

i dont get it i have only scored one corner all season and i get at least 10 a game, i have a lot of big players and have tried every variety of corner but i never ever score them, they always just sail over.

is this some sort of glitch

i dont get it i have only scored one corner all season and i get at least 10 a game, i have a lot of big players and have tried every variety of corner but i never ever score them, they always just sail over.

is this some sort of glitch

I'm getting plenty now, doing the following, without using any exploit (to my knowledge).

[by 'tall' I mean good jumping/strength/heading. By 'small' I mean maybe better at finishing/first touch/technique/composure.]

Stick 'tall' guy (my Targetman) on Stand On Far Post.

Stick 'tall' guy (my CB L/C) on Attack Far Post.

Stick 'tall' guy (my CB R/C) on Near Post Flick-on.

Stick 'tall' guy (my DM) to Attack Ball From Deep.

Stick two 'small' guys (my WF's) with good finishing on Challenge Keeper. Any ricochets or balls that drop to them, they'll bang them in fast. I did this because I had a theory it would work in real-life but wasn't very hopeful it would work in FM. Boy was I wrong.

Stick 'small' guy (my MC) on Attack Near Post.

Stick 'small' guy (my other MC) on Lurk Outside Area.

Full-backs on Stay Back.

Corner-taking set to "Mixed" for a bit of variety (and to ensure no exploit).

Practically any player can take the corners as there will still be plenty of options in the box. Just make sure to leave at least two players on Stay Back, who never take corners. I only assign my MC's and WF's to take corners.

Typically, the goals are scored by any of the Attack Far Post man, Stand On Far Post man, Near Post Flick-on man, one of the Challenger Keeper men, or the Attack Near Post man. Haven't seen my Attack Ball From Deep man or Lurk Outside Area man score yet (although the latter has come close a few times). But I'm quite happy with things the way they are. Also, I always like having a left-footer take corners from the right and vice versa.

Strength is a great attribute in FM. It 'creates' an imaginary circle around the player that others can't step into lol. At least that's what it seems. So I think it's very helpful for corners and should not be ignored as a key factor in scoring from them.

Also, corner takers should have good creativity and crossing ratings. The corner taking attribute itself isn't good enough on its own, which is counter-intuitive if you ask me (how could someone have a corner taking of 20 in the first place if his creativity and crossing are 10?) but there you go.

Once a squad is gelled, you should also find that you are more successful with corners. Not only with corners, but with crosses and headers in general.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Archived