Soviet Union

I Don't know if this would be possible or not(database noob), but has anyone thought about recreating the soviet union as a national team? All the current ex soviet nations such as russia, ukraine, belarus, kasakhstan etc would obviously be deleted and sort of merged so players such as Arshavin and shevchenko would play for the soviet union. Not only this put a league structure as well which would see teams such as Dinamo Kiev playing in the same league and domestic cups as CSKA moscow. Obviously if this is possible the person doing this would need a knowledge of which countries were part of the soviet union and a strong knowledge of the database. feedback please:)

Sounds like a pretty good idea, it'd be interesting to see in a file to see who wins domestic league and how they perform on the international stage.

exactly what I thought, the domestic leagues would obviously be huge

It's an awful lot of clicking. Every Russian, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Uzbek, Georgian, Belorussian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Moldovan, Estonia, Latvian, Lithuanian and the rest would need their nationality changed. It would take ages.

It's an awful lot of clicking. Every Russian, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Uzbek, Georgian, Belorussian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Moldovan, Estonia, Latvian, Lithuanian and the rest would need their nationality changed. It would take ages.

couldnt you just wipe those nations from the database and make everyone without a nationality to be soviet, obviously I dont know a lot about the database editor but there has to be an easier way then clicking on everyone.

Nope. You could set up a macro, but that would require a very powerful computer and a lot of patience.

I did all the players over 140 CA or something once, and that took ages.

so its pretty much impossible? Thought it was a good idea too, I wish someone shared my enthusiasm, a very good knowledge of the database and of course a good computer :D

thanks for the feedback anyway SCIAG :thup:

blood was spilt for those countries to gain independence leave well alone. only joking it would be a great idea i don't think you should change the nationalities but just merge the leagues it would make a powerful league.. i believe dynamo Kiev was the most successful team in the soviet era followed by spartak Moscow

blood was spilt for those countries to gain independence leave well alone. only joking it would be a great idea i don't think you should change the nationalities but just merge the leagues it would make a powerful league.. i believe dynamo Kiev was the most successful team in the soviet era followed by spartak Moscow

perhaps that may be the best way

Archived