Squad numbers in EPL

I have a question about regulations. i had a problem registering all my players due to the homegrown regulations. However, I just noticed that it says that players under the age of 21, don't need to be registered. When i give them a number though they take up a place (1 place out of the 25 i can register) threfore make my registering players more difficult. What can I do? If i leave all my under 21 players without a number, will they be able to play in EPL? And if yes, how can they in they don't have a shirt number?

Hi, my question is slightly different: as some players have favorite numbers, should I definitely give it to them? I mean, is it a big of a difference in their performance? Any studies?... Thanks.

Hi, my question is slightly different: as some players have favorite numbers, should I definitely give it to them? I mean, is it a big of a difference in their performance? Any studies?... Thanks.

i don't think it makes any difference tbh, i try to give any players their favourite number if they have one but when i don't it doesn't matter at all.

To Vangelis, just so you know you can sometimes end up with players that have the number -1 because it won't give your unregistered U21's a proper number but other than the number on their shirt it doesn't make a difference so don't worry if you come across that.

It's good for their morale.

Archived