Taking the penalty.....huh?

And...?

First of all if he is YOUR keeper, then YOU chose him to take the penalties...so it is not funny

Secondly, In real life MANY keepers take penalties. Only in my team irl we have a great tradition of keepers doing it.

I don't see anything funny here

what star striker people? have you ever watched football? managers that set their "stars" to take penalties are not good. You should always set a good penalty taker to do that. And if your GK is the best in your team then he shoudl take the pk

vangelis dude calm down.

the same thing happened to me the other day even though david villa was on the pitch (penalty taking of 20), wes brown stepped to take it and I know wes browns pk rating is no where near as villa's.

I did not select a penalty taker before match.

In fact whenever I forget to select a penalty or corner kick taker, i rarely get someone who is good at taking a penalty or a corner kick to actually do so.

Its sorta frustrating when your best set piece taker isnt automatically selected....

the OP was probably confused because he probably had players on the pitch who are a lot better at taking penalties than his keeper and was expecting his best pk taker to be chosen automatically

people, for some hours now we are making a fuss around a manager's laziness to set his own penalty takers. come on

Not necasserily... The game somehow may have weirdly selected Akinfeev to take it instead of someone else better at pens.

But really you don't need to be so serious about it if he found it funny I'd respect his view towards it

people, for some hours now we are making a fuss around a manager's laziness to set his own penalty takers. come on

As some people have already said man, calm down a bit :(

Your bringing the forum down with your negativity. Every thread I have checked now.. you are doing the same ol' grumpy routine.

ON TOPIC: Akinfeev scored a winning penalty for my Portsmouth side to win us our first bit of silverware. :cool: Loved it.

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but......

Lay off him a bit - so he finds something funny and you don't - at the end of the day, who comes out of it with the smile on his face. He finds something funny, he's not going to care if you don't - you're just getting yourself worked up over nothing... :rolleyes:

Maybe all his usual penalty takers weren't playing? So then Akinfeev was randomly chosen to take it.

That's the thing though, we would rather it not be random.

Luckily Akinfeev put the ball in the back of the net so it was funny....not if he had missed the pen, and ended losing the match (say, on penalties :rolleyes:), this thread wouldnt be about how funny it was that his goalie was selected to take the pen, instead it would be a rant about why in the world the game would randomly pick his goalie to it and there may or may not be bad words involved....(these things can be frustrating at times).

this was quite funny well done op there are a lot of miserable ******* on here and if their not the center of the joke or attention its not worthy,this would have made me think offs because i to never chose my pk taker unless the same player misses a few!

And in the UEFA cup a couple of years ago, Sevilla's Andres Palop scored from an a corner, which gave his team the win the in the UEFA cup Semi Final.

A couple of weeks ago in the CL, Bayern's Hans Jorg Butt scored against Juventus i think during the 4-1 battering.

Cant believe people didnt know about them.

If you haven't set a penalty aker, then your ass manager picks one epending on their abilities. sorry but nothing funny about it

Epic fail.

When you made your first post you didn't realise or didn't spot that Akinfeev is a goalkeeper and scored the penalty. Now you are trying to cover yourself by making out you did realise and that it's just not funny for other reasons.

And...?

First of all if he is YOUR keeper, then YOU chose him to take the penalties...so it is not funny

Secondly, In real life MANY keepers take penalties. Only in my team irl we have a great tradition of keepers doing it.

I thought it was funny.

You don't see anything funny here because you are a troll. I'm noticing a few of your posts are just rude and antagonistic, like this one. Do yourself and these forums a favour and stop being so rude.

I thought it was funny.

You don't see anything funny here because you are a troll. I'm noticing a few of your posts are just rude and antagonistic, like this one. Do yourself and these forums a favour and stop being so rude.

If there was like button like the one of fb, i would have pressed it.

and if you're old enough, you should know about a Paraguayan GK named Jose Luis Chelavert. He literally scored more goals than some of todays strikers score in a lifetime. haha.

The way you say it there, you make me sound like a granny. José Chilavert only retired six years ago. Would you say "People who are old enough would remember Peter Schmeichel"?

As for the claim that he "literally scored more goals than some of todays strikers score in a lifetime", I'd be rather worried if there were many strikers who couldn't score 62 goals in a professional career spanning around 15-20 years :p Even Dean Ashton (who was forced to retire at 26 due to injury) surpassed both Chilavert and Rogério Ceni (who's scored 89 goals) in terms of goals scored.

and if you're old enough, you should know about a Paraguayan GK named Jose Luis Chelavert. He literally scored more goals than some of todays strikers score in a lifetime. haha.

I'm old enough to remember that keeper,also an amazing free kick taker iirc.

I'm old enough to remember that keeper,also an amazing free kick taker iirc.

Yup, he would take the free kick.. and if it didn't fly in.. he sprinted his heart out back again! :p

And...?

What's wrong with you? Why do you feel the need to shoot him down? Have a sense of humour mate!

I don't want to go off topic but shouldn't the referee be disallowing it anyway?

..... :confused:

No, the goal's fine if all players were in their own half. You only have to check with the GK at the start of a half.

He could caution the players involved for Unsporting Behaviour, I suppose.

If you haven't set a penalty aker, then your ass manager picks one epending on their abilities. sorry but nothing funny about it

Sorry but he does not pick them based on ability. Sometimes it seems like they are picked at random. In fact I am starting to believe that players choose amongst themselves and somehow the good pk takers never seem to make a good enough argument (but then again who is gonna argue with akinfeev after he slotted away one to win a cup final :D)

Sorry but he does not pick them based on ability. Sometimes it seems like they are picked at random. In fact I am starting to believe that players choose amongst themselves and somehow the good pk takers never seem to make a good enough argument (but then again who is gonna argue with akinfeev after he slotted away one to win a cup final :D)

I find the same for free kicks as well at times. I think them choosing amongst themselves seems to be the most logical explanation for this

Archived