Feeder/Parent clubs

Feeder/parent club arrangements aren't allowed in England and Scotland as far as I am aware, and yet FM sets these arrangements up in spite of this.

Previously when I've come across this I've just cancelled the arrangement but I've now found a case where the game won't let me because it insists that the agreement between the two clubs (Berwick and Blyth) prevents me from doing so. There are likely to be other cases - I don't know.

I think that it would probably be better if FM followed reality here and didn't set these arrangements up at all in countries where they aren't allowed in reality. Certainly I don't think that the player should be prevented from cancelling them in those circumstances. Something to be put right for FM 2011?

If there's no feeder clubs in Britain, how would you describe the relation between West Ham and Chelsea?

On a serious note, I thought league clubs could have feeder clubs with non-league clubs, although on FM that hasn't stopped me setting up a link with Carlisle (I actually wanted a foreign team for Work Permit issues, but I have a little soft spot for Carlisle).

I think there's the situation where clubs can have a close relationship that FM probably doesn't recognise as so, but sets it as a feeder club arrangement. For example, in real life, I do believe AFC Bournemouth and Southampton have a friendship status (even if the fans may disagree). It's certainly true that Bournemouth have a clsoe relationship with whichever club is managed by ol' 'Arry (Redknapp) due to his past with the Cherries. When he was at Portsmouth we had a number of loans from him. He wanted to send players from Tottenham this year, but the FL put the skids on that.

I think what's needed is not a removal of the feeder club mechanics from England, but a changing of the mechanics to distinguish more clearly between clubs that have one of a few arrangements:

1. Economic/merchandising arrangement

2. Movement of players (I don't know the rules but I assume this is possible in some countries...doesn't Italy have an arrangement of sorts?)

3. Friendship agreements where loans are more likely to be accepted and friendlies are played every season.

The game may be already very detailed in this but I have to admit to not using it too much. I like to keep with reality and I don't know the rules on feeder clubs around the world, therefore I tend to leave it alone. If FM needs one thing it's a listing of the rules for each league. If there are any.

I have no doubt that there are informal arrangements between clubs all the time. What bothered me a bit was that it appeared that there was a formal arrangement between the two clubs. I wasn't aware that that was permitted. I suppose it boils down to what exactly constitutes a 'nursery' club arrangement. More money for the lawyers I suppose!!

I have no doubt that there are informal arrangements between clubs all the time. What bothered me a bit was that it appeared that there was a formal arrangement between the two clubs. I wasn't aware that that was permitted. I suppose it boils down to what exactly constitutes a 'nursery' club arrangement. More money for the lawyers I suppose!!

From the FA Rulebook:

(i) Nursery Clubs

Any Club which is under obligation to another Club, written or otherwise, by reason

of which it has not the sole and entire control of its own management, finances and

Players, shall be deemed to be a “Nursery Club” and is not entitled to be a Full

Member Club or an Associate Member Club.

The arrangements in FM don't seem to breach this ruling. Domestic feeder clubs in FM are still in full control, the parent cannot force anything onto them.

Do you mean between British clubs or between a british and another club? Because Liverpool is parent club of AEK in real life

The confusion is with links between two English (or Scottish) clubs, due to the nursery clubs ruling.

Archived