I'm being replaced...

Takeover has been completed, 268m pumped into the club. Message from the new owner: 'Konigs has added that although it had been his intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover, he will consider letting you keep your job and will inform you of his decision shortly.'

Nervous much!

But he says he has won all those trophies, so getting sacked is unrealistic

He hasn't been sacked, and 99% likelihood won't be sacked, so there's nothing happened at all yet, unrealistic or not. I got the same messages when Liverpool got taken over in a game, just after the first season (and I hadn't done anything special in that first season). The new board kept me on, then gave me a 4 year contract with more than a doubling of wages, despite originally wanting to replace me with Marco van Basten.

Takeover has been completed, 268m pumped into the club. Message from the new owner: 'Konigs has added that although it had been his intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover, he will consider letting you keep your job and will inform you of his decision shortly.'

Nervous much!

Yeah exactly same thing happened to me when I was managing Arsenal. I never heard anything more after that message. I sat around for two seasons waiting for "his decision" which were supposed to "be announced shortly". After that I reconed my job was relatively safe and continued playing without any more concern about being replaced. :thup:

I just had a similar situation; just won my first league title with Wednesday, followed by a first CL. Then the new owners (who took over about 2 days later) were considering replacing me with Brian McBride, as the new chairman has links with the USA. When he took over, he said he was planning to replace me, but will take some time to make a decision, he came back to say I can stay, because of the huge support I have.

In the meantime, while he was making his decision, my board confidence said something like "The board believe you have done an unbelievable job as manager, and you are putting a smile on the face of each and every supporter. Long may it continue." so if they had sacked me, I'd have been livid.

Joke's on them though, I plan to quit after the Club World Championship.

Give me a real life example that a very successful manager was sacked (not resigned) after take over.

It is not cheating.-

City's Mark Hughes ? (not a takeover but still apply somehow, as as soon as they found a manager they trusted more, they replaced him whatever his success).

City's Mark Hughes ? (not a takeover but still apply somehow, as as soon as they found a manager they trusted more, they replaced him whatever his success).

key word there is successful, as much as I love Hughes 4-2-3-1... all those damn draws weren't doing it... imagine Fergie getting the boot when the Glazer Family took over

I started as Norwich manager in league 1, won the league first season with 110+ points, got offered Fulham job halfway through next season with Norwich @ top of Championship, took Fulham from bottom of Prem to 11th, did well, board got took over and got sacked in summer!

Archived