Sacked after 10 games with a 50% win record!!!

Whilst playing a save with Arsenal I noticed that Michael Bridges had been appointed manager of Kidderminister (ex Leeds player is why I took particular notice) but less than 2 months later and 10 games later poor old Michael Bridges is sacked despite having won 5 out the 10 games drawing 2 and losing the other 3, scoring 15 and conceding 7, know I looked and Kidderminister are now in the Blue Square North and were expected to finish 1st and currently lay 15th but surely 10 games isnt sufficient time for Bridges to turn it round, he was given from 7th November to the 29th December so not even given a transfer window!

is this one of the harshest sacking ever?

why harsh? if he had chosen to get the title it is very normal to happen.

No that was the other managers choice - he only came in in Nov.

Even in real life in Greece, many teams chenge 4-5 amangers per year. Not correct but realistic

But in the BSN? Maybe in Greece, but in England, I don't think I've seen 5 managers at a club in one season before :eek:

Still, if the plans of the chairman, players and fans were of winning the title, his management was worth sacking.

As for Greece, yes.... not always but many many many times a manager has been sacked after playing and losing only 1-2 games

No that was the other managers choice - he only came in in Nov.

But in the BSN? Maybe in Greece, but in England, I don't think I've seen 5 managers at a club in one season before :eek:

Leicester had 4 the season we got relegated. (Martin Allen, Gerry Taggart Gary Megson, Ian Holloway) But that was extreme. (Taggart caretaker, Megson went to Bolton)

Allen lasted 3 and a half games. (Carling cup match vs Forest was postponed due to Clarke having a heart attack in the dressing room at half time)

1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss. And he left by 'Mutual Consent' - Basically sacked

Maybe the losses were all against rivals?

Still, if the plans of the chairman, players and fans were of winning the title, his management was worth sacking.

As for Greece, yes.... not always but many many many times a manager has been sacked after playing and losing only 1-2 games

arsenal 1996/1997 had 4. Bruce Rioch, Chris Houghton, Pat Rice and Wenger

Graham westley got sacked by Rushden and Diamonds after 13 games with a win percentage of 66% and when sacked they were 9 games unbeaten. Chairmen are weird folk.

Something more went on there though if I remember right, wasn't down to footballing reasons.

50% and expectation was auto promotion, well the board at Kidderminster were no mugs and realised you wont get far on only 50%, think it was not harsh and was the right decision.

arsenal 1996/1997 had 4. Bruce Rioch, Chris Houghton, Pat Rice and Wenger

Please don't assosciate Chris Houghton with Arsenal. The person you are thinking of is Stewart Houston. He had been Rioch's assisstant was due to be caretaker manager until Wenger could start, but was offered of the job of manager of QPR, so the club did not stand in his way of a permanent manager position (where he appointed Rioch as his assisstant in a bizarre role-reversal). Pat Rice, who had previously been in charge of the club's youth team, took the caretaker role, was made assisstant manager on Wenger's arrival and remains in that position today.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Archived