stadium expansion

Right when I started earning some money with Hull, the board announces stadium expansion by 16000 seats that is going to cost 24,5M...

1) Is there any way to stop it?

2) From your experience, is it profitable in the near or very far future?

1) No

2) Yes, as long as you comsistently fill them. If you view it purely as x amount of extra seats will bring in x extra, then it will be very long term before they turn a profit. If you look at it and think, I can use that extra income to improve the team, get more success and more money because of that success then it works out.

Nope, can't stop it. As for money, look at your ticket price. If it's say, £30, then if you sell out every match that's around an extra half a million pounds a game. If you have 25 home games in a season, that would be around twelve and a half million pounds a year, although this will be spread out because of the fact you sell season tickets before the season starts, and then match ticket over the course of the season. So you are looking at two years getting your money back, and an extra £12.5M per year after that.

Then I am amazed that whatever idiot running the club has decide that an extra 16000 seats would help. It could work out long term if you get more crowds though, but it does seem like a bit of a waste right now.

Then I am amazed that whatever idiot running the club has decide that an extra 16000 seats would help. It could work out long term if you get more crowds though, but it does seem like a bit of a waste right now.

Yeah, pretty much this :)

Maybe it might be because your in champions league and you need to have a certain amount of seats in your stadium?..but I think you chariman did go a little overboard with the amount haha

OMG I was sooo wrong! After the expansion was completed, in ALL my home games I have an attendance of more than 50k which takes advantage of all 16k seats that were added. That means that by charging 41.50 euro per ticket I get at around 664k per home game resulting to 12.6M per year profit from tickets only! In this way the expansion's expenses will be covered in less than 2 years!!

woohoo!!

Archived