can someone tell me....

the problem was that you said "current potential" which is something that does not exist!

anyway, if you are talking about current ability then it can't go with leagues. It goes with leagues, teams and positions.

examples of good current ability:

manchester united striker = 180

West Brom full back = 130

see the difference? please tell us your team, targets and positions

ok, then what is a good average for each league. i know in league 2 i am able to sign players with a ca of 105

Well as CA is hidden you must be using a third party application.

My advice would then be don't rely on CA as it can be misleading.

Lose the third party application, use your scouts and look at attributes.

He isn't telling him what to do, he is giving him advice..

It is more about attributes than CA, for example, a player can have excellent CA but poor essential attributes, like a striker with poor finishing and off the ball, but with a CA of 180, may be outclassed by a striker with excellent finishing but a lower CA.

? why are you telling him what to do ? he is obviously enjoying the game this way.

anyway, for EPL if you want to win the league you need players of CA > 170

As Gaz has said it was advice nothing else as it seems he is becoming too reliant on one number.

Whilst at higher levels of CA its likely players will possess most main skills this is not the case at lower levels.

He mentioned a CA of 105, at that level a player could be missing attributes in key areas which could easily make him next to useless.

As for your second point, absolute rubbish and shows your lack of knowledge. Obviously there is no doubt it would make it easier but an intelligent selection of players/attributes could see you win the title with most of your squad below 170.

and i guess you have won the EPL with players of lower value than 170? huh? lol.

don't talk about lack of knowledge of other members when you have no idea about them. You would be surprised

Just did a check of my game, there are 80 players with CA above 170, I have the top leagues of most of the major countries loaded (England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland etc.) and the team with the most of these players had 8, and they didn't win the competition last season. No team is made up of players of CA170+, proving that a champion team doesn't need players of that CA. (mind you I'm in 2011 but my argument is still valid)

To answer the OP's question, I find that 90+ is great for league 2, 100+ for league 1 and 110-115+ for CCC. This depends on their attributes, you don't want a CB who can't jump, for instance.

Archived