How Long Did It Take You To Get Into FM10?

Just wondering if anyone struggled with their first few teams on this game and couldn't really get into FM at the start?

I got it really late compated to most other people, but I started a game with Chelsea (as always when I get the game) just to figure out the game mechanics and things, see the differences without getting hammered.

Started a new game, went to Hull, as they were predicted bottom of there abouts. Considering the number of players I sold to try and improve the finances of the club and the quality of the players I managed to replace them with with the 50-odd% of the transfer money I got back, I think I did okay, but with relegation all but confirmed towards the back end of the season I started a new game again - simply because I didn't have the Championship selected as a playable league.

Next, started a game at Newcastle. Lasted about 1/4 the season and got bored...it's basically playing Chelsea in the Championship, isn't it?

Next I start up a game at Preston, seeing them as a good side who could potentially go up. I lasted about 3/4 of the season then got fired because we were lagging towards the bottom half of the table.

So, not really understanding what was going wrong and kinda resenting FM10, I started up a new game, this time with Nottingham Forest. Using my knowledge of a few signings from my other games, I signed up players who I knew did well for me and found myself competing for promotion. I was 10 points clear at the top (albeit it with a paperthin squad, that got punished when my defenders got injured and I had to put youth players in) and now I'm second place, trailing Newcastle by 5 points with 30 games gone.

I know some of you probably picked up the game and did amazing from the start, others looked up the wonderkids and signed them up, but there must be some others who really struggled at the start? Either that or maybe I just suck...lol

FM10 clicked for me pretty quickly - just really enjoyed it and a few wins always helps!

But FM09 was the opposite - did not really enjoy it and struggled abit.

Maybe be a top European team like Barcelona just to get the juices flowing and then go from there.

I start games as unemplyed with low rep and a lot of leagues loaded. Then I see where it takes me. Sometimes the team is enjoyable, sometimes not. The journyman career mode is what attracts me.

On FM2010 the second team I found really hooked me.

Doing abit of foreign management atm. Started with Legia and just finished my 3rd season. My first season was terrible, knocked out of the CL and the Polish Cup at the first attempt and suffered heavy league defeats to average teams. That all left me in 5th place and a few defeats away from the sack.

Somehow survived the sack and the season after something must of clicked because I only lost 2 league games on my way to winning the league.

The season just gone is probably my best of all time though. Won the Super Cup, Polish Cup and League and managed to make it to the second knockout round of the Europa League. That all got me into the Polish Hall of Fame icon6.gif

A nice little footnote to my career is my uncapped Senegalese DM who I bought in my first season. Just off the back of a phenomenal season for him so i'm hoping to get him eligible for Poland and see what happens.

Bought the game at Christmas, but only finally started a new game yesterday! Struggling to get into it, as I keep making tactical mistakes.

Loved FM09 (despite the bugs) and the FM10 match engine looks better, but I still haven't caught the urge and excitement I usually have for FM.

Very much into it now. Always start as Celtic and dominate Scotland and Europe, now i've started a new game with Notts County. I wanted a lower league team with plenty of cash so they were the perfect choice, now in my second season in the premier league after 5 seasons winning back to back promotions then winning the premier league in my first season there. Going to try and win all cups with them then resign and take up another challenge. Probably Celtic as they are doing rubbish without my guidance ;)

I haven't gotten into FM10 really, tried a few games but it just doesn't click for me. However, FM09 was the complete opposite, I was really, really into the game and loved it. Now that I think about it, one of the above posters nailed it for me, the ME in 09 is much better than the ME in 10, and I don't really like the change in layout. I think FM is one of those love/hate things - you either love a version or hate it with no inbetween. I would say that if you can't get into it but you enjoyed a previous version, then go back to that version. That's what I did recently - I went back to FM 07 and loved it.

I've only started one save. Only FM game I've really ever got into,even though I really enjoyed all of them.

Took me from Napoli to Italy to Atalanta to Newcastle to Inter to Q.P.R.

In 2021 and still going strong!

I found the demo boring, so I didn't purchase the game. It was just tiring to play: the interface is filled with too many buttons, tabs and windows, and it takes ages to advance the game because there's too much to do. FM07 was the peak of the series, IMHO, and that's the one (along with FM06) that I still play.

First game started with Chicago, that game lasted something like 10 years.

But then I've hit a bit of a rocky patch, and have been playing off and on. Just started an unemployed journeyman career to try and rekindle my love for this game.

Archived