Could you have predicted it?

I just got my fixture list for my second season as KFUM Oslo manager in Norway and I am downright amazed. Here's the teams in the division this season:

NorwegianSecondDivisionGroup4.png

Ok, so why am I amazed? Well the Norwegian Second Division splits into 4 groups and they are loosely regional (I had to ask that). Following further research I discovered that they move some teams around to even out the distances travelled. For that reason I have moved from the Oslo group (Group 2) to the North of Norway group (Group 4) (A group 4 team from last season should have moved back to Oslo for them to travel less - but I don't know if that works in FM).

This is where my luck has come good. No less than half the teams are new to Division 3 this season, i.e. a good proportion of the newly promoted teams have ended up with me.

Twelve teams are relegated/promoted to/from the Third and I got over half of them. Hammerfest, Harstad, Mjolner, Modum, Oslo City, Senja and Stalkam were all in the Norwegian Fourth last season, which would suggest they're not quite as competent. Hammerfest are particularly looking bad.

It's been reflected in the odds. I'm fancied second with odds of 5-2.

Have I been incredibly lucky or is something fishy abounds? I know one thing; if I don't do well I need shooting.

Archived