Finances dropping like a submarine, help!

Managing Arsenal, 5 games left of the second season.

Started with a financial balance of £130m, give or take, now I'm at £21m in balance. What's going on?

My transfers -

2009/2010 - £16.25m out, £0 in

2010/2011 - £37.5m out, £21m in

I've paid quite a few sign-on fees for staff and player signings, but not that much. Seriously, I've lost over £100m in 20 months here. What's gone wrong?

Have a look at your player bonuses - they are a killer and this is why you are losing so much money - especially if you are not winning trophies as well.

I find the bonuses so expensive and they cannot possible to true to life. I have Stevie G earning £100k a week (this is fine as it is about irl). However, you will then find his win bonus at around 10 - 15% of his salary, his appearance bonus the same and his goal bonus the same as well. So he is actually costing you another 50% of his salary every game (obviously depends if you play him, if you win and if he scores).

I find this so much of a killer, I use FMRTE to edit them to a more reasonable level.

Geez, how have you managed to do this? I'm currently managing Arsenal and in 2012 I have a balance of £159mil and my expenditure isn't much more than yours (at £235mil last season)

I can't really tell you what's gone wrong, unfortunately :(

jxd:

I had a thread open about finances not too long ago and no one had an explanation for what causes non-football costs to scale up or down. Would you have any insight on this? I really would like to know. Cheers

I have no idea what is could be either, hookers and blow?

Ok found out it's the cost of non footballing staff. I suppose it makes sense bigger clubs would have better paid secretaries or whatnot, but 3 million pounds a month seems excessive.

How much money are you bringing in? Maybe you're simply spending far too much for what you're bringing in. Since the finances graph is slowly sloping downward it seems your on going costs (most likely, your wages or maybe repayments on a trade?) are too high and are slowly eating at your balance over the season.

Archived