Stats, Legends, Comparisons

I was reading an article just now how Nistelrooy equalized Gerd Müller's achievement in the european competitions with 62 goals. It went on to say that above him are Inzaghi and Shevchenko with 68 and how they won't be able to add to their tally as their clubs are not playing anymore in Europe this season.

This made me think - when do we see this in FM? I don't think we do or by some very strange coincidence I have not ever seen it.

Is it really that hard to have these world football stats implemented in the game and kept track of ? And receive news on them and so on. As - most european goals (all european tournaments), eu apps and so on. It would really add to the atmosphere of the game.

After all we do need to have a connection of the current football generations with the best footballers of all time

Yeah, it's not in game I think, but i doubt "it would add anything to the game" who has scored the most in Europe, and who can and can not add to their tally due to certain circumstances.

What benefit would there be in comparing players scoring rates to club legends?

Yeah, it's not in game I think, but i doubt "it would add anything to the game" who has scored the most in Europe, and who can and can not add to their tally due to certain circumstances.

What benefit would there be in comparing players scoring rates to club legends?

Are you living in the confines of the Premiership as most people here do? Then I can accept your view and ignore your post.

But to say that in a game of football you don't want to have as much stats as possible concerning the history of football, which later can be utilized to create exciting little news articles to throw at the player for the sake of - I don't know learning? entertainment? realism?.. is just absurd.

Why not be able to use FM as a source of information on the history of the game as well? It's not like it's changing that fast. I'd personally welcome anything that will make the game feel less mechanic and more interactive with the player. There are some things like that already in - like past history trophy winners - this is also picked up by the in-game media and mentioned - all nice touches.

It can be taken further and for the sake of a complete football experience it should be.

That's of course my own opinion.

Actually van Nistelrooij does still play in europe this season.

It would be nice to have yes.

He said Inzaghi and Sheva aren't playing in Europe any more, not Ruud.

I'd like to have this in the game. A little news story about how your star striker has just broken the European record would be neat, imo.

Are you living in the confines of the Premiership as most people here do? Then I can accept your view and ignore your post.
hahahaha, quite the opposite, actually.
But to say that in a game of football you don't want to have as much stats as possible concerning the history of football, which later can be utilized to create exciting little news articles to throw at the player for the sake of - I don't know learning? entertainment? realism?.. is just absurd.
As much stats as possible? Yeah i agree with that, but why on earth would I would i want to know how many goals a certain player - who can no longer play in that specific cup- has scored. That is the past and what happened in the past is completely and utterly irreverent goal scorer wise. You'll always get the media says he only needs X amount goals to overtake a certain person..
Why not be able to use FM as a source of information on the history of the game as well? It's not like it's changing that fast. I'd personally welcome anything that will make the game feel less mechanic and more interactive with the player. There are some things like that already in - like past history trophy winners - this is also picked up by the in-game media and mentioned - all nice touches.
Yes, previous winners are in the game, and are picked up upon my the media. previous winners, yes, but that is it, nothing else needs to be added, IMO
It can be taken further and for the sake of a complete football experience it should be.

Yes, it is.

Of course! And it will be great seeing how some player that you took from the beginning as a newgen managed to beat some of the greatest footballers of all time's records and cement his name in history of football :D

Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

LOVE this idea..! Often thought about how come there is no in-game record for most european goals/matches and such.

There can NEVER be too many statistics! - especially about football :p

I'm glad we all speak football :D Btw I noticed that club specific stats as top goalscorer of all time and such aren't very complete for every nations. How about we expand things a little to include for example top 10 club's goalscorers, top10 apps and so on. These are all stats you CAN find in real life and clubs take such pride in this... players, legends comment when changes in these standings happen or might happen. At least in bug clubs - that should be enough.

Can Rooney beat Ronaldo's 42 goals? and other related articles should pop in FM from time to time and give us entertainment!

The records are nice, but it doesnt really have an effect on me if a player from another teams scores more goals than a player from another team.

Yeah but for some people it's nice to have a little bit more flair and realism within the game...in the media these days they are always going on about goalscoring records, look at United, Rooney is a certain amount of goals away from Ronaldo's previous 42 or whatever...they talk about it all the time, it could even develop into something that could affect players' morale. I think it'd be nice to see player x being like 'determined to beat player y's goalscoring record' and so forth

I'm done now

Archived