jumping

I'm not sure, i guess if he has really good potential it could do?

But i always find the jumping stat hard to improve that much, people say its down to the height of a player.

If you get him on a intense training untill his early 20's it should improve, not sure by how much though.

I don't think jumping is that important for a cd in 10.3. If it gets up to 11/12 should be fine. Or retrain him to rb/lb/dm

Jumping is important for a DC because he needs to head the ball well.

To the topic: to gain that amount needs a high PA and a very good training, decent amount of games, very good coaching staff.

To the topic: to gain that amount needs a high PA and a very good training, decent amount of games, very good coaching staff.

I disagree. How many moves that lead to goals come from strikers flick ons and knockdowns? Compare that to how many come from the ball being played along the ground.

For this reason I would say marking, anticipation and pace are far more important.

pele asked a factual question. The fact is jumping is tied in closely with the player's height. He's unlikely to grow more than a few centimetres, if at all. I wouldn't expect the jumping attribute to increase by more than 2 or 3, even with the best training.

Just to clear it up a little:

How he heads the ball is down to his Heading attribute once he reaches it.

I disagree. How many moves that lead to goals come from strikers flick ons and knockdowns? Compare that to how many come from the ball being played along the ground.

For this reason I would say marking, anticipation and pace are far more important.

Anticipation is an attacking attribute, you mean positioning.

I would say Acceleration is far more important than pace given the distances involved but the two normally go hand in hand.

I quite often use a smallish DC (jumping ~11-13 for a top tier team) if he's got other good attributes (including pace/acceleration), but when I do this, I ensure his partner is good in the air. Wouldn't want to go out with two midgets at the back :p

A lot of goals comes from strikers flick ons and knockdowns in my 10.3 game...Like Heskey with Agbonlahor, jumping is definitely important..That is why a lot of people struggle with Otamendi who has only 13 for jumping, Otamendi has high marking and high anticipation along with good pace as well

unfortunately yes, at least for me, even with the patch 10.3 regen stats are messed up, jumping, composure, off the ball and positioning are usually very low.

As far as my game's concerned, CB regens have perfectly normal jumping.

Off the ball, composure and positioning aren't meant to start off high - because they are skills learnt over time. If you think about what can make an old player still useful, it is pretty much these three stats: good movement and composed finishing, making up for the loss of pace of an old striker, or good positioning and calm under pressure making up for a CBs loss of pace.

If young players started with these stats high also, it'd be to deny any benefit of experience.

On 10.3 my regens jumping have usually been of a fair assumption to their height... It seems poor jumping has been replaced by a lot of poor strength/composure regens for me though

But 8 Jumping to 16 - 20 jumping would require some sort of super training schedule

he's still 16 all other attributes are improving, my coaches say he will be better than Vidic. I've just moved him into the first team squad and doing pre season and jumping improved by one

Just to clear it up a little:

How he heads the ball is down to his Heading attribute once he reaches it.

Anticipation is an attacking attribute, you mean positioning.

I would say Acceleration is far more important than pace given the distances involved but the two normally go hand in hand.

Not neccesariliy (sp?) IMO. It is also very important attribute for DC's. Maybe even more important for them, then for the strikers.

Off the ball, composure and positioning aren't meant to start off high - because they are skills learnt over time. If you think about what can make an old player still useful, it is pretty much these three stats: good movement and composed finishing, making up for the loss of pace of an old striker, or good positioning and calm under pressure making up for a CBs loss of pace.

If young players started with these stats high also, it'd be to deny any benefit of experience.

It was supposed to be like that, but they start low and dont improve much, im in 2025 and if i search for players with 16 positioning, marking, jumping and tackling ive only got 3 players!! and for some reason only 1 is considered world class with these stats, if i search for 15 with the same stats, ive got 25 players (including the other 3), and only 18 of these are regens, with the oldest regen being 35, and only 2 of these are considered world class (including the 1 i mentioned earlier), i dont understand, how can a world class CB not have this attributes?

So i decided to look the attributes of the other world class CBs (only 7), they do have some high attributes, but usually have a major flaw in their attributes, ive found:

• world class CB with 9 positioning (30 years old)
  • world class CB with tackling 13 and jumping 8 (26 years old)
  • world class CB with 12 positioning (30 years old)

The other 4 are:

• 18 tackling, 16 marking, 19 positioning, 17 jumping (28 years old, this is the one who appeared in the first search)
  • 16 tackling, 20 marking, 15 positioning, 14 jumping (30 years old)
  • 17 marking, 14 tackling, 16 positioning, 15 jumping (27 years old)
  • 16 tackling, 15 marking, 15 positioning, 15 jumping (25 years old)

Which means only 4 of the 7 CBs considered world class actually have good attributes, still, there was supposed to be many more CBs who can actually defend.

If i search for 16 in defenders attributes in the 10.3 database, ive got 22 results instead of 3, with 15 i get 79 as opposed to 18!! Thats a huge difference.

About youngsters if i search for 13 of these stats with a 20 year old limit, ive got 31 players, in the 10.3 database, ive got 24, which at least seems its improving, i hope that in some seasons this problem will be gone, because right now the game is easy because of the bad defenders, im scoring 90+ in the Serie A per season. Still im not that excited because im still not sure if they will actually improve, the AI doesnt seem to be very good with training.

Not neccesariliy (sp?) IMO. It is also very important attribute for DC's. Maybe even more important for them, then for the strikers.

Anticipation is largely attacking. The name is perhaps misleading in that sense. Attributes like concentration are more relevant to defending :)

It was supposed to be like that, but they start low and dont improve much, im in 2025 and if i search for players with 16 positioning, marking, jumping and tackling ive only got 3 players!! and for some reason only 1 is considered world class with these stats, if i search for 15 with the same stats, ive got 25 players (including the other 3), and only 18 of these are regens, with the oldest regen being 35, and only 2 of these are considered world class (including the 1 i mentioned earlier), i dont understand, how can a world class CB not have this attributes?

"World class" in game refers to how well known/picked he is, not his ability necessarily.

I do agree that defenders in particular are very flawed in this version.

Archived