Italian teams overrated?

I just had a look at the UEFA coefficients and see that Italy in my game has moved up to No.1 with Inter, Genoa and Roma all in the top 5. Wondering if similar is the case in other people's game sand why this is. Is it down to Italain team having less financial problems which impact on their squads.

Considering German teams irl have done better than Italian teams in Europe 2 years in a row and it looks like it may well become 3 this year (3 german temas still in Europe compared to Italy's 1) it seems strange that in so short a time in game the Italian teams have made such a turn around.

Does anyone else feel Italian teams/players are vastly overrated and German ones underrated?

In my game I have noticed that Genoa have become the dominant force in Serie A and have never finished lower than 7th in the 11 years my game has been going. They also spent £99 million on Balotelli and haven't even had a tycoon takeover.:eek:

i dont think its that unrealistic tbh - Seria A have just dont a break-away like the EPL did and will start to see massive financial windfalls - leading obviously to "bigger" players going there and more sucess.

just because there are alot of German teams in the Europa League i wouldnt read into it too much, remember Fulham are still there! (and liverpool and they are terrible IRL!)

Inter are now the dominant force in Italy - and have 1 foot squarly in the CL Semi this year and are worth a bet to win it i recon. and AC totally dominated MU in their first leg.

German sides have fallen away alot in the last 5 years, with only Bayern really coming back this season.

- Altho i too have notice Genoa becoming quite a big team - but then they do have some really good young talent in Aquafresca, Bolzoni, Criscrito - so maybe its valid, only time will tell!

I hate managing in Serie A.

The league is ridiculously tight. Teams just constantly bang 30 yarders in. That guy "Pellissier" or something like that, his long shot attribute is nothing special but if he gets the ball 50 yards out it will almost certainly result in a goal.

Oh, and Inter Milan are unstoppable. Milito shoots, Milito scores. Eto'o shoots, Eto'o scores. Sneijder gets a free-kick 70 yards out, Sneijder scores.

In one of my network game saves, Genoa won the 2010/11 serie a by a point on the final day thanks to Inter drawing. Roma were also in the hunt until the final day. Pretty early to start their domination but was interesting, I ended up with Genoa in the CL groups (as Barca) and had to take 6 points off them to advance at their expense, almost felt bad lol.

german teams are underrated in my opinion.... and yes this might be because i am german...

but still it is quite obvious that german teams actually progressed well over the last three years.

iirc i read that most players in germany have naturally less ca and pa as well as the newgens/regens/neps how tend to have lower pa and ca compared to others in europe n south america

Italian teams are experiencing what the English clubs will experience in the next few years.

Have fun with being bankrupt and seeing English players kick the long ball again and all the worlds top players playing in Russia, France and Germany.

Ha Ha Ha.

The league quality has always been cyclical :confused:

Archived