Free Transfers

Almost every time I try to sign a player on a free transfer, almost straight away other clubs come in with another bid and end up going to them, it happens time and time again and I lose out because I can't get the players I need to do well.

I know it happens a little in real life but not every single time, has anyone else experienced this?

Its annoying, to the point where if I don't think I have a good chance of getting him to agree to wages, I don't offer at all in the hopes I'll be in a better position in a season or two. I suppose its somewhat realistic in that a player's agent would be likely to solicit interest from other clubs using your offer as leverage.

The most likely scenario is that you're going after players who other clubs are already showing interest in. They can sometimes be interested for months before finally making a bid, but if you bid then they realise they can't screw around and they dive in so that they don't miss out. This doesn't bother me too much.

Alternatively, someone's leaked the story that you're bidding on the player. This is really annoying, as even if you're the only one to be showing an interest when you make your offer, this tends to spark massive interest in the player :(

i think it is a totally realistic thing. I mean if he is a good player then other teams will want him too. and then it is a matter of money. It is very rare for you to be the only bidder. At least to me it happens only to players with contracts and whose value is pretty high and ONLY when i am outside the window

Well i just sent out around 100 contract offers and signed 18 players so you have to push for it hard.

You need a good goalkeeper offer contracts to 4-5 good ones and continue until one accepts, don't be afraid yoy can cancel your offer any time :)

Almost every time I try to sign a player on a free transfer, almost straight away other clubs come in with another bid and end up going to them, it happens time and time again and I lose out because I can't get the players I need to do well.

I know it happens a little in real life but not every single time, has anyone else experienced this?

You have to remove that player from your shortlist before you offer a contract and you will notice that this won't happen as much. I did the same thing after i read a post somewhere and it helped. Good luck

You have to remove that player from your shortlist before you offer a contract and you will notice that this won't happen as much. I did the same thing after i read a post somewhere and it helped. Good luck

It works and helped a lot not every time but its happening much less, cheers man

Archived