Make a distinction to Competition stats

For the love of good, SI, please make a distinction to the averages and totals in competitions.

I am trying to see who has the best average in CL Group Stage and it shows players from teams who have long been kicked out of the competition in the summer.

The same applies to goals, assists...

Is it SO difficult to separate group stage from summer qualifying rounds as far as stats go?

Or maybe I have missed a crucial button? Please let it be so...

Qualifying rounds, group stage, knock out rounds...all part of the same competition, so the stats all carry through regardless of how long ago they were knocked out.

Same with the FA cup, if someone went and scored 10 goals during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th qualifying round games, and no one else in the competition scored 10 then that person would finish as the FA cups top goal scorer...even if he is completely unheard of and total tosh

Qualifying rounds, group stage, knock out rounds...all part of the same competition, so the stats all carry through regardless of how long ago they were knocked out.

Same with the FA cup, if someone went and scored 10 goals during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th qualifying round games, and no one else in the competition scored 10 then that person would finish as the FA cups top goal scorer...even if he is completely unheard of and total tosh

With this logic, the best player of CL in my game should be a totally bad player who happened to score 12 goals in the qualifying rounds, yet his team didn't make it at group stage.

There should be a distinction, a way for the player to see who is doing well and who is doing wrong at group stages and beyond.

I don't care about qualifying stats of teams that are not in the CL. No one does, and that's why in real life there is separation in these stats.

Why not FM?

Archived