Unveiling players

I remember a few patches ago there was an issue or at least a lot of people recognised that regardless of what you said in the press conferences when unveiling players, it would always have a negative impact. Since 10.3 has this been sorted? i want to ask because I am still not bothering with the unveiling of new signings as I am worried it will still cause a problem.

Is it safe to do so now? :thup: or :thdn:

I never had a problem getting a positive reaction regardless of patch.

Highest praise for the player signing. In most cases. Some players let the pressure get to them.

Most of the time, hit the lowest or highest, depending on the question.

You just have to be careful. It sometimes seems random and something that you wouldn't think would upset a player, will anyway.

I usually base my response on their age and/or reputation. If they are young, don't go bigging them up too much. If they come with a big reputation and a good amount of experience, they will usually respond well to being bigged up. This is a general rule I use but I still don't see perfect/logical results.

When I signed David Villa, I was asked if I would have to change the way we play for him to fit in. I said that I thought he could fit into the setup very easily. He didnt like that and was unhappy for awhile. It took a few games before he got over that. It can have an impact sometimes

I tend to decline for the above reasons...

Aswell as saying a player can slot in, apparently saying that somebody on their favoured personnel who speaks their language could help them settle in is a negative thing....

*shrugs*

Archived