Starting in Ireland

Quick question. If I start in Ireland in either Jan 2009 or Jan 2010, what are the ramifications for the others leagues I am playing alongside, e.g. English leagues.

Starting in Jan 2009 (I guess correct data for the Irish League in 10.3), will this mean the English Leagues will play out half a season of the 2008/09 season? If so, surely the second half of the 2008/09 season will be played with the current 2009/10 teams in their respective divisions. Could this mean (for instance) that Wolves could theoretically be relegated from the EPL at the end of 2008/09 season, although IRL they were only promoted to the EPL that season? Also, with players histories surely they would have information for 2008/09 already (games played/goals scored etc.) what effect would starting in Ireland have on this.

If I start in Jan 2010, will the Irish stats for 2009 season be blank?

Hope you catch my drift.

Cheers,

BM

I accidently started my latest game in Jan 2009 instead of 2010. Went to choose an English team to manage and they had no games played nor any fixtures. I'm not sure if that's how it always is, or just a bug though.

I accidently started my latest game in Jan 2009 instead of 2010. Went to choose an English team to manage and they had no games played nor any fixtures. I'm not sure if that's how it always is, or just a bug though.

If you start a half season early (e.g. start first season available for Brazil), you don't get any fixtures available if you take a club starting on the normal time. I tried it on FM07 for real, and tried it for a laugh on last year's game. I'd say it's to do with not messing up the league and cup records, as they may be hardcoded into the game.

If you start in 2009, any league that normally runs in an Autumn-Spring timeframe (such as England) won't be running until their new season comes around.

If you start in January 2010, the English leagues will have half the 2009-10 season already played. Whether or not the Irish stats for 2009 are filled depends on whether or not the info has been added to the database in the most recent update - best way is to check for yourself!

Archived