European Club Ranking

Well, my season with Arsenal went like this;

Finished 6th in Prem (abysmall I know).

Won the FA Cup

Semi's of Carling Cup

Semi's of Champions League

Chelsea won the league and United finished 4th.

Chelsea also beat United in the Carling Cup Final, where as I beat United in the FA Cup Final.

Yet..

randoms.png

How come I moved above Chelsea?

Not a complaint or anything, I am happy to go 2nd :cool:..

Just want to know why I have?

because it's based over the last 5 years and only on european competitions. So if 5 years ago chelsea won the champs league and this year come 2nd they will move down in the rankings.

edit) that should be mainly based on euro competitions.

Just had a quick check, they went out in the Knock Out stage :thup: Explains it really.

Sorry for having a blonde moment, I was just a bit baffled.

Well done Ty, only taking them a bit above where they belong, hopefully the board keep faith while you continually ruin them ;)

Oh another thing.. how come I didn't get sacked.

I set 'title challenge' and finished 6th.. I was expecting to be clearing my desk.

I presume my victory in the FA Cup kept me in my job?

Oh, Yid.. I put too much faith in youth first season :( Hence I did ruin them a bit.

Probably that, and a patient chairman as per real life. To be honest, you should be able to come back from this in the game because of the youth they have and the fact that they are quite secure financially.

I don't know how the European club rankings are worked out. At all.

I'm in the 2023/4 season, my first season at Sunderland in the Championship. Early on in my stint, a news message appeared saying the club had climbed 3 places to 127th in the European rankings.

Sunderland haven't played in Europe since 2012 in my save.

I don't know how the European club rankings are worked out. At all.

I'm in the 2023/4 season, my first season at Sunderland in the Championship. Early on in my stint, a news message appeared saying the club had climbed 3 places to 127th in the European rankings.

Sunderland haven't played in Europe since 2012 in my save.

Go to World--europe--awards---teams---coefficients

some of the teams above you last year must've had worse seasons than 6 years ago.

The Ranking is based over the pass 5 years.

Ie.

Arseanl Scored

1st Year - 3

2nd Year - 4

3rd Year - 3

4th Year - 4

5th Year - 2

Chelsea Scored

1st Year - 3

2nd Year - 3

3rd Year -4

4th Year - 1

5th Year - 4

Arseanal's Total - 16 Points

Chelsea's Total - 15 Points

So, even though Chelsea did better this year, deosn't mean they are a higher rank. :)

Hope that explained...

You're missing my point. Sunderland are ranked there and haven't played in Europe for 12 years.

You're missing his point. You have a coefficient even if you haven't played in Europe within 5 years - based on the performance of other English clubs...........

A percentage (half or a third) of each team's points is based on the average points of all teams that competed in Europe that season. The rest (half or two thirds) is based on their own performance.

The overall position is, as others have noted, based on the last 5 years points added together.

On top of this, points are based solely on performance in europe and is very mathematical, taking into account results in europe that season, and the rankings of the teams you play. Therefore a team with a harder route to the finals could lose yet gain more points than the eventual winners, even if both teams won every game 1-0 up until the final.

Archived