Start of Season Expectations

I've just taken over Fleetwood Town and the minimum expectation for my first season is to challenge for the title. The three options that I can choose from are title challenge, promotion or winner. My point is that shouldn't challenging for the title be regarded higher than aiming for promotion. If I finish 5th in the league then I can still win promotion since I'm in the play-offs, but I wouldn't regard that as a title challenge. I thought that it might refer to automatic promotion because then I could understand how finishing second would be not important than challenging for the title, finishing third, and missing out on promotion, however, only the team that wins the league is automatically promoted. Which option should I choose? My aim is to get promoted, whether that's by winning the league or through the playoffs, but I don't know whether to increase the transfer and wage budgets by telling them that I think I can get the club promoted or should I just leave it as title challenge, even though I'd settle for 5th place in the league? Will I get sacked if I finish 5th after agreeing to challenge for the title, but we don't?

1. you never get fired at the last match! if they "foresee" that you are not doing well they may fire you pretty early.

2. If the budget difference is not great between the expectations, then play it safe. Once i set it to "challenge for title" i finishe 2nd with 8 points difference and got fired

Yeah, but my point is that how can telling them that I want to win promotion be regarding higher than challenging for the title. My only assumption is that if I say that we will win promotion, then I have to guarantee it, and if we don't go up, then I'm out of the job. And by challenging for the title, if we finish second and don't get promoted, then I might still have a job. However, I think I'll guarantee promotion because that's exactly what I want in this first season and if it doesn't happen then it's okay if I get sacked.

Archived