I want to manage Manchester United on FM

But we all know it's pretty easy (or reasonably easy) to win stuff on FM with United, so i want to try and make it more enjoyable, as in use the editor to make it harder.

What can i do?

Pile more debt onto the club? How much would i need to pile on for to make it a hard challenge? How would i know the club wont be bought by a new owner to save us?

So come on lads, how can i make United hard to play on fm?

But we all know it's pretty easy (or reasonably easy) to win stuff on FM with United, so i want to try and make it more enjoyable, as in use the editor to make it harder.

What can i do?

Pile more debt onto the club? How much would i need to pile on for to make it a hard challenge? How would i know the club wont be bought by a new owner to save us?

So come on lads, how can i make United hard to play on fm?

Here is a way that you can make it harder. There are three levels, and you can choose which one that you want to do:

level 1:

Dont buy players that are over the age of 22

Level 2:

Dont buy players that are over the age of 18

Level 3:

Dont buy any players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thegaffer91:

Here is a way that you can make it harder. There are three levels, and you can choose which one that you want to do:

level 1:

Dont buy players that are over the age of 22

Level 2:

Dont buy players that are over the age of 18

Level 3:

Dont buy any players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i want to be able to play the game as usual, do everything the same, just make it really hard, want to know how much debt id have to give myself etc.

Ok.

Release all the players from United.

Take all the money away from United.

Give United crippling debt that will no doubt deduct 10 or 15 points from you.

Stick United in the Blue Square North.

Take a note of the lowest rep team in the BSN. Set United's rep to that as well.

That should keep you busy.

If you change reputation or squad it wont feel like Man Uni anymore. So best is as you said start with empty bank account. You will evenually need to sell some of your good players and not to mention no transfer for a while. I believe this will bring a new dimension to your game at least for the first couple of seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

What about managing a small club with the ambition of working your way up to managing Man Utd in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this with Portsmouth, granted they're Premier League.

I built a decent side, won the Premier League title twice, Carling Cup, Community Shield, Champions League, World Club Champiuonship and UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup eluted me. I did this within three seasons, then United came knocking at my door, couldn't turn them down!

1st full season at United won seven trophies, haven't looked back since! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frogmore Frog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

What about managing a small club with the ambition of working your way up to managing Man Utd in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this with Portsmouth, granted they're Premier League.

I built a decent side, won the Premier League title twice, Carling Cup, Community Shield, Champions League, World Club Champiuonship and UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup eluted me. I did this within three seasons, then United came knocking at my door, couldn't turn them down!

1st full season at United won seven trophies, haven't looked back since! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have done this loads, just want to start at united and want to make it as hard as possible, keep the suggestions coming lads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

why dont you chose not to use real players. is this still an option? if so then you have all the glory of man utd but without knowing who is great or who is gonna be great in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it can still be done, good way of playing because obviously you don't know anybody at all, players or staff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

why dont you chose not to use real players. is this still an option? if so then you have all the glory of man utd but without knowing who is great or who is gonna be great in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you still want to use real players try making the club all British or all English. I have always had fun with this. Find it tough sometimes when you can't find decent home based talent and have to settle for a crappy players then have a challenge to make them play well.

Try and create a team entirely of players born in and around Manchester.

It's a long term challenge and it's very difficult.

I did it with Newcastle once and had reasonable success but it took about 12 seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Try and create a team entirely of players born in and around Manchester.

It's a long term challenge and it's very difficult.

I did it with Newcastle once and had reasonable success but it took about 12 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought my English team was hard to make. Might give this a try with Tottenham and make an all london team.

Trouble is after a while the players start to stand out who they are. They are the real players I believe with a face and a name stuck on to them.

You could release/sell several of the key players, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Ferdinand etc and then build the team up with a bit less money maybe?

download a future gamesave from a site called "fmtimemachine". i can't remember if there are screenshots to show you where teams finished the previous season, it might be guess work choosing a year where United have fallen from grace, but i've heard many stories of chelsea, liverpool and united getting relegated/going bankrupt, and in my english game liverpool were relegated in 2010.

i recently downloaded the french league in 2013, and lyon have lost all of their best players to bosmans. it'll be a challenge bringing them back up to former glorys.

using fake players doesn't always work out, the quality of regens is poor, although i've never tried doing that in england.

Why don't you take a Championship side and swap all their players with Man Utd ones, make sure you don't have much of a transfer fund to simply replace them with world class players, and see how you get on?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

right

ive tried to pile on as much debt to the club as possible, but after a couple of months the debt is always gone.

what the **** is going on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny when you say it because usually people complain that they lose money!

so how much debt can i possibly pile onto the club? and why isnt it showing? if i holiday the game for a couple of months the debts at the club aren there anymore? finances says secure after being insecure at the start, what the ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:What can i do?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy poor players for silly money and put them on long contracts with the highest vages possible.

Archived