Player Career You Destroyed AND Resurrected

Well this has been pretty rare for me. However Hugo Almeida is one player whose career I destroyed and then resurrected. In my third season as Bayern Munich manager, I signed Hugo Almeida on a free transfer. Didn't expect him to be a first team player and he managed to score 2 league goals in 19 appearances.

Then midway in the fourth season I joined Sporting Lisbon. I needed a striker that would be good enough for the Portugease league and saw Hugo Almeida transfer listed and signed him for £3.3m, hoping he would just score a few goals for us now and then.

It turns out Hugo Almeida would go on to score 22 goals in 21 apperances since joining in January that season. The following season was even better for him, with a goal tally of 34 in 48 appearances. This helped him to win 3 awards and caused interest from Chelsea.

This is just an interesting story I wanted to reveal and wondered if anyone has had the same situation.

In general, I don't buy many established players, but I have had a couple where I signed a youngster when he was 16 or so, and let him go at the age of 20 without having broken into my team, only to buy him back in 2 or 3 years and have him become a vital part of my team. (Luckily I have learned to include buyback clauses in most of my sales of younger players :D )

In general, I don't buy many established players, but I have had a couple where I signed a youngster when he was 16 or so, and let him go at the age of 20 without having broken into my team, only to buy him back in 2 or 3 years and have him become a vital part of my team. (Luckily I have learned to include buyback clauses in most of my sales of younger players :D )

Wish I would of thought of this, I hate my scouts finding quality players that I got rid of the season earlier because they were in my reserves someone offered me a million or two

Archived