Manager nationality

When ever i start i new game i make myself the nationality of the country i wish to manage in. I also give myself a second nationality to give me that little advantage.

In older versions of FM i used to make myself a little brazillian in the hope of attracting those 17 year old gem. more recently though i find myself attempting to know as many languages as possible.

Currently managing in spain and think i hit the jackpot with the second nationality of swiss which, with my first nationality being spanish, has allowed me to start the game knowing:

spanish, german, english, french and Italian

which should be very useful in attracting all sorts of players and help them settle.

does anybody else do this sort of thing with their manager natinality

Currently managing in spain and think i hit the jackpot with the second nationality of swiss which, with my first nationality being spanish, has allowed me to start the game knowing:

spanish, german, english, french and Italian

No I generally just choose my own nationallity.

Interesting to know that Swiss gives you 4 languages though. I thought there is a Swiss language too?

Unless of course this is a mediocre April Fools joke :)

No I generally just choose my own nationallity.

Interesting to know that Swiss gives you 4 languages though. I thought there is a Swiss language too?

Unless of course this is a mediocre April Fools joke :)

Switzerland has four official languages (in order of numbers speaking) German, French Italian, Romansch (which are split 74/20/4/1 roughly). Romansch is close to French and is a descendant of Latin, but as so few people speak it it is not included in the game (a similar situation to Irish, which is officialy the main language in Ireland).

Yes, I always like to add a second nationality for the country I am about to manage in. A wee additional language button at set-up would be nice. I mean some managers can speak more than one language.

PS Cheers for the Swiss tip, I'll use that next game :thup:

English and Irish. I am also part Scottish. Question though. If you make yourself start with past experience as International, but come from a low profile country, like Reunion, shouldn't you start with a small reputation?

I always start with just my own nationality (scottish) in the game but tend to go for a few different international jobs to boost my language skills. So far in my current save I have English, French, Italian and Portuguese and since I just won the European Championship with France will probably move on to a different nation after the next World cup (if I win it, or get sacked for doing badly).

I always start with my own nationality being Belgian (gives me Dutch, French and German).

Several years in my game I also know Czech, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and English :).

Yep, Belgian I've used as a second nationality, originally because I'm 1/4 Flemish but from then on because of the extra languages! I also picked up Portuguese from coaching Angola in one save. I tend to go with Canadian and Scottish (most of my heritage) now though, not necessarily in that order. Canadian gives you English and French, a nice bonus for a mostly unglamorous footballing nation

Archived