Minimum of 8 players trained in England

Well technically after the age of 18. I think too, that if you loan a player out of the country for a season that he is counted as being trained in the foreign country for that particular season.

Remember though, there are two types of these players: "Trained at club" and "trained in country".

A player trained in England is a player who has played in England for at least 3 years before he was 21 (I think, may be 22).
They must have been registered with a club in England for three years before they turn 22. I've got a guy who I signed when he was 18 and he's on course to be "trained by club" on Jan 8th 2015, when he'll be four and a half months away from his 22nd birthday.
I think too, that if you loan a player out of the country for a season that he is counted as being trained in the foreign country for that particular season.
No they don't*. While your players are out on loan, they are still registered with your club and will be "trained by club" three years after you've signed them, so long as they were 18 or younger when you signed them.

If you've signed the player from another domestic side and they're 19 or 20 then they can still get a year or two playing for you to be "trained in nation" (a newgen I signed has that, and he was with Cowdenbeath for one season then Hamilton for two seasons before joining me...and he's still young enough that I can get him "trained by club" :p)

* In hindsight, they might...I can't say I make a habit of loaning foreigner youngsters or signing young foreigners who've been on loan at other clubs in my league, so I can't say I've ever noticed. Your players are certainly still counted as being trained by your club even while they're out on loan. Whether their time out on loan means they're trained by two clubs, I don't know.

is it the same, just with the difference that the "trained in club" ones must be 3 years before their 21 y.o in your club?

i manage Hull and i don't see this rule anywhere

It's a rule that comes into force in the Premier League from the 2010/11 season onwards. It doesn't affect the Championship and below, and it doesn't affect the Premier League in 2009/10.

Your players are certainly still counted as being trained by your club even while they're out on loan. Whether their time out on loan means they're trained by two clubs, I don't know.

I disagree. I've had players loaned out to lower league clubs for 3 years and not been able to have them counted as being "trained at club".

I disagree. I've had players loaned out to lower league clubs for 3 years and not been able to have them counted as being "trained at club".

Well, there's one way to test it out. On the team's squad screen you can change the view to "Home Grown Status". I've started a new game with Man Utd and checked the HG Status screen on the reserves...on that screen, it tells me that Oliver Norwood will get "trained by club" status on June 30th 2010.

I've picked up Crewe as a feeder club and sent him out on a season-long loan there, then gone on holiday until July 1st 2010.

He's not left the country, so when I get back from holiday I know that one of two things will happen - if I'm right then he'll be "trained by club" and if you're right then he'll only be "trained in nation" (he's not been trained at Man Utd for the final year, but he's still spent it in England)....and he's "Trained at club" despite spending all of last season playing 42 games for Crewe rather than playing for Man Utd.

I stand corrected!

You obviously went to great lengths to prove your point. Well done you!

Not at all...it's about five minutes of work, and ten to fifteen of watching TV while the game holidays through :p It's something that's very quick and easy to test :)

Archived