Last Night I had my best CM/FM Experience Ever

Ive been playing since CM3 I think and last night i had my best experience since fm07 when i overtook real and barca as the top team in spain with sevilla.

Ive been managing my team, torquay:

won promotion to league 1 in 1st season

took my 7 seasons to get out of league 1 - eventually won the championship in 2017

my first season in the championship i had been mid-table most of the season then with about 10 games to go, i realised i was only 6 points behind 1st place. i went on a run of 9 consecutive wins - my best run ever - and with 4 games to go there was only 3 points in it. I draw away to coventry who are secure in a play-off place then lost to peterborough away who were won the championship by beating me.

So 2 games to go and i'm 3rd 5 points behind 2nd place Stoke ( - am starting to think about the play-offs reluctantly (after losing in them over the past years on 3 occassions.

I beat Bristol C 2-0, Stoke lose.....

Last day of season, i'm away to already relegated swansea, stoke are home to mid-table sheff wed.

44 minutes gone, i'm 2 nil down :( and stoke are 2-0 down :(

I pull one back just before half time and then go onto score 3 more goals, coming from behind to win 4-2, meanwhile stoke pull one back in 78th minute but Sheff Wed manage to hold on and win meaning IM UP!

I couldn't believe it, i had been nowhere near the top 2 all season and sneak in on the last day, despite being predicted to finish 20th!

The board are loving me, my ex players are praising me as are my current ones, all i need now is a new stadium (named after me) as i don't think 6000 (2500 seats) stadium is really good enough for the premier league!

next stop, europe!!!

Love this game

Archived