I turned my back on MoM award?!

So just playing along on my long term game, up to 19/20 season.

Just finished October and won the October Manager of the month(edit) award. To my surprise, however, I get a news item informing me that I, apparently, turned my back on recieving the award. Because I was afraid it might 'curse' the club's current form.

Apparently the curse is we lose a match after receiving the award. This has never happened to me though and I'm struggling to figure out why this news item has popped. Why wasn't I given a choice in this? Why is it dictating how I would react on this award?

OR is this some April's Fool thing?

No April fools.

Have seen it turned down by an AI manager before but I didnt realise that it would turn it down for the human manager.

They do speak about the curse IRL aswell. (the most recent one I can think of was when Nigel Pearson won the Championship MoM and we lost the next game to Shef Wed 2-0 :mad:)

Apparently the curse is we lose a match after receiving the award. This has never happened to me though and I'm struggling to figure out why this news item has popped.
Look at the first result for other managers who've won it recently. It doesn't specify that "you" lose right after getting the award, just that "many managers" lose right after getting it. So, you're the Chelsea boss, perhaps the Arsenal boss got it and then lost, then the Man Utd boss got it and then lost, and then the Liverpool boss got it and then lost...or have you always been winning the award? :p

Archived