New accronyms?

I have recently been seeing in various threads around the place some new accronyms used to describe newgens and regens around the place. Can someone please clarify what a Fred is? What a Nep is? and enlightien me to any of the other new accronyms used to describe new players.

Being an old fart most of the accronyms used by people are over my head but after a bit of thinking i can usually work out most of them it took me ages to figure out ROFL was rolling on the floor laughing, but these new ones have me beat.

If you dont have anything constructive to post then please dont post at al in this thread.

Very well.

A FRED is simply a 'regen' that spawns in a way unrelated to player retirement. As you may know 'regens' were players generated to fill up the void created by player retirements and were essentially a young version of the retired player. Newgens were created also to fill the void of player retirements but attribute wise were unrelated to the retired player. FREDs are in no way related to player retirement.

Very well.

A FRED is simply a 'regen' that spawns in a way unrelated to player retirement. As you may know 'regens' were players generated to fill up the void created by player retirements and were essentially a young version of the retired player. Newgens were created also to fill the void of player retirements but attribute wise were unrelated to the retired player. FREDs are in no way related to player retirement.

Ok thanks for explaing what a FRED is but what does the accronym stand for?

thanks for the link. i was sure FRED stood for something like Fully Randomised E.....? Distrubution/Development or the like but couldn't figure it out.

Sorry to keep going on about it but what is a Nep then? i mainly stay in the CSE forum and only browse here now and again so can't keep up with all the new trrends/ideas.

thanks for the link. i was sure FRED stood for something like Fully Randomised E.....? Distrubution/Development or the like but couldn't figure it out.

Sorry to keep going on about it but what is a Nep then? i mainly stay in the CSE forum and only browse here now and again so can't keep up with all the new trrends/ideas.

Nep is short for Nepenthez, a member on these forums. Some people enjoy calling their newly generated players Neps.

FRED is an acronym, but I don't know what it stands for. Fully Randomised is a good start though.

I'd like to clarify that I am not the above user, SCAIG.

I was about to say mate :(

Didn't think you say anything like you did earlier to me. Didn't think to check posts.

FRED is an acronym, but I don't know what it stands for. Fully Randomised is a good start though.

I'd like to clarify that I am not the above user, SCAIG.

SCIAG, I saw SCAIG banned and was like... WTF :D - then saw 20 posts, and the penny dropped. :)

However, We don't know what FRED means, which is why we decided to call them Nep's. Because, as in the thread linked above, it would cause people to ask wtf they meant, and nobody was to know. I didn't expect it to happen this quickly :D - and due to that, it's still fresh in people's minds as to why we call them Nep's.

FWIW : I will do my utmost to make them stick as "Nep's" - until SI themselves start referring to them as that.

If any of you care to go to the future suggestions thread and suggest they now be known as neps, that would be fantastic. Perhaps SI will put it in for a season, for a laugh :D

If any of you care to go to the future suggestions thread and suggest they now be known as neps, that would be fantastic. Perhaps SI will put it in for a season, for a laugh :D

Oh yeah and they can bring in perma-bans for anyone not calling Neps Neps from now on.:D

I'm pretty sure that the official word is SI weren't sure what to call the new players. Regen was inaccurate and already used, newgen worked but had been used for the last lot, so someone threw in the witty suggestion "Let's just call them Fred?"

I'm pretty sure that the official word is SI weren't sure what to call the new players. Regen was inaccurate and already used, newgen worked but had been used for the last lot, so someone threw in the witty suggestion "Let's just call them Fred?"

That's what SSGTroyer edited the Wiki to for a laugh :D

Archived