Is this realistic guys?

Hey,

I am looking for some advice from you guys to whether you think my game is realistic or not.

I am Torquay United who were predicted to finish near the bottom, i signed a couple of average freebies and some young premiership kids on 3 month loans. I had a suprisingly good first 3 months mostly down to the 5 kids i brought in. After 3 months they went back to their clubs and i got another 5 kids in. I ended up doing this all season and got promoted.

In the second season, i did exactly the same and again got promoted! Is this realistic? I am now at the start of my 3rd season in the championship with a terrible looking squad, and plan to get 4 players on long term loans and then use kids every 3 months to rotate the squad and play with my average players.

I have very little budget and can only afford players on frees.

I feel like im cheating and its unrealistic, have any of you been in the same situation?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks

do you think you are doing well you mean? i wouldn't consider my managing good if i didn't actually GIVE anything to my team. The way i see it, you recycly your team with the only target the promotion. Maybe this is a way to play the game but i could never do it. That is why i never (almost) loan players and i NEVER manage more than one team in a save

If you are asking if bringing in large amount of loan players is normal, then looking at the current Championship squads, my answer would be 'Yes'. The stats speak for themselves here, out of the 24 teams in the league, only 4 teams have less then 3 players currently on loan, 7 have 3, 6 have 4 players, 4 teams have 5 loanees, 2 teams have 6 players on loan and QPR have 7. So this is perfectly normal and yes, realistic.

However, if you are wanting to know peoples opinions on if they play this way, then my answer here would be dependent on the team I was managing, if, like you, I was starting low down, little/no money, yes, I would play that way and have done. If I was playing in a top league, then I prefer to build long term.

why would it be unrealistic? lower league teams often struggled to buy good players due to their shoe string budget...and their hopeful alternative is to get some loans, if they could attract. And often they end up with the younger players, who either are not trusted by their bigger teams, or they are being shipped out to gain first team experience.

desperate for playing time and to impress their parent coach, these young players will often played their hearts out for their loan team. so it is no surprise you have achieved good result using these loaned players.

in fact, if you tell me you are able to attract the big players to your small low budget team playing in the conf league, then something is wrong.

Archived