Camacho Red Cards

I've recently signed Ignacio Camacho from Atletico Madrid for Newcastle, going into my third season. I've now played 6 competitive games (3 in the league, 3 in Europe) and Camacho has been sent off in 4 of the 6! Has anyone else had this problem with any other player or Camacho himself? He gets annoyed when I fine him, and other than reducing tackling to 'easy' i'm not sure how to prevent it from continuing. Suggestions and advice warmly welcomed.

I picked him up on a free trasfer at the end of the 1st season and he only got one red card in three seasons - and in my tactic, the DM has hard tackling and 18 closing down.

Was he tutored by someone at Atletico who taught him to dive into tackles and/or raised his dirtiness attribute? If you can tutor him with someone professional, it might calm him down ( if his red cards are for things like elbows to the face, and violent conduct in general) - though, in my game, he refused to be tutored by anyone.

If you fine him enough, you might be able to lower his aggression by a few points, but if it's just making him unhappy then you might not have much luck with that plan.

I signed him for my Huddersfield team as well....... Great midfielder but I'm having some problems with him picking up cards (mostly yellow in my case but he has been sent off a couple of times in the past two seasons for picking up a second yellow).

Make sure you haven't got his tackling on hard..... Manually set him on normal or easy, and give him an official warning if he gets sent off. He might bitch about unfair treatment but that will clear fairly quickly if you keep playing him.

By doing this I seem to have minimised the problems with him but can't get rid of them completely. He has a fairly high aggression rating and I'd guess that his hidden arrtibute for dirty play is possibly fairly high as well.

He is however a very useful player to use to terrify the opposition's playmaker in the first 20 minutes or so of a game!!

Thanks for the help and suggestions people. I'll reduce the hard tackling and give him a tutor. Not sure who though, as Alan Smith and Joey Barton, my other central midfielders, won't be the best to reduce aggression and bad behaviour! I'll try a central defender or something.

I've recently signed Ignacio Camacho from Atletico Madrid for Newcastle, going into my third season. I've now played 6 competitive games (3 in the league, 3 in Europe) and Camacho has been sent off in 4 of the 6! Has anyone else had this problem with any other player or Camacho himself? He gets annoyed when I fine him, and other than reducing tackling to 'easy' i'm not sure how to prevent it from continuing. Suggestions and advice warmly welcomed.

Daniele De Rossi. Although he's calmed down a bit now. The first season when I signed him for Arsenal, it was crazy the amount of yellows he picked up. He didn't get more than 2 reds only because I substituted him in plenty of games after picking up yellows.

I've also noticed that Newcastle are typically the dirtiest, with Barton and Smith the main offenders. At one point they had 91 yellows, and the team second on the list had 50-something.

My advice is to stick with Camacho until he settles in better. If he picks up 2 yellows in one match, warn him. If he gets a straight red, fine him for a week. If he gets sent off again soon after that, fine him for 2 weeks.

Archived