Transfer Negotiations - an update on a previous complaint

A previous thread of mine bemoaned the transfer negotiation process - the selling club asking for a higher price than they did before I negotiated.

I am glad to say that this seems to have been a one-off.

Sarted a new game and have had several negotiations - all of which seem a lot more logical.

I offer 10M - they come back and want £28M plus 40% of profit of next transfer.

I go back and offer £15M and they accept!

Fantastic - the way it should be.

100% realistic and i will tell you why...

because WE ALL do the same!!!

example:

i offer a player of mine for 15M, they accept and offer 15M for him. then I cancel the offer and offer the player for 20M and so on...

example 2: i offer 20M for a player and they accept my bid. I cancel the offer and offer less money in case they accept...

example 3: they offer 3M for my player, i accept. they negotiate the contract and now i must accept for it to be final. i change my mind and cancel the trade as i decided to keep him. they offer double the money and i reject as i saty firm in keeping him. i change my mind again but they won't offer more than 4M but i accept...

bottom line:

if we do it and we consider it real as we are real people, why do u consider it unrealistic if the game does it? if anything i would consider it too realistic

example:

i offer a player of mine for 15M, they accept and offer 15M for him. then I cancel the offer and offer the player for 20M and so on...

example 2: i offer 20M for a player and they accept my bid. I cancel the offer and offer less money in case they accept...

example 3: they offer 3M for my player, i accept. they negotiate the contract and now i must accept for it to be final. i change my mind and cancel the trade as i decided to keep him. they offer double the money and i reject as i saty firm in keeping him. i change my mind again but they won't offer more than 4M but i accept...

bottom line:

if we do it and we consider it real as we are real people, why do u consider it unrealistic if the game does it? if anything i would consider it too realistic

That's not the example I was saying was unrealistic - it was in another thread. The example in this thread is a positive one.

Just in relation this comment - you are right in one sense - we DO do it - - I have done it, you have done it. It doesn;t always work but we try. However, it is not realistic because this is not how negotiations are done in real life. We do it in game because we exploit the fact that we do not have to make phonecalls, send faxes and emails, employ agents ans lwayers and all the other baggage with transfers. It is players exploiting the fact that it is a game.

example:

bottom line:

You are an idiot. Clubs do not act like this in real life at all. Just because you play a football managemnt game in a way to maximize your advantage over the AI does not make it a reflection of real life. Fail.

And I don't play the game that way because it is unrealistic.

I haven't played enough of 10.3 to have a proper opinion on it but I think FM has been a lot better with negotiations in the last two versions of the games. There is the odd negotiation that is unrealistic but I've found most of them to be realistic.

Archived