Stadium Expansion

Do you think these stadium ideas should be introduced for FM2011?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think these stadium ideas should be introduced for FM2011?

• Yes
    • Some of the ideas
    • Only one of the ideas
    • No

It's so annoying when you ask to expand your stadium but the board say there is no more space so the council wouldn't agree, so I've came up with good ideas for FM2011 to get around the problem:

Allowed to ask council and council can send petition to local people asking if they wouldn't like to see the stadium expanded. If the majority wants the stadium to expanded it will go through.

Allowed to ask for a new stadium, you're allowed to ask for a stadium expansion but not a new one.Why not?

Allowed to relocate the club (just for that save).If there is no space to expand the stadium and no space in the area to build one, you will be able to ask the board to relocate the club.Depending on your managerial success at the club, the board might reply by giving you a choice of a few cities e.g. Manchester, Hertford, London or Ipswich and you could choose out of those or you will be able to choose any city in your country if you have been very successful as that club's manager.There will also be a history page, showing where the club has previously been based.

I think this would make the game more interesting and I also think that names for new stadiums could have more variety rather than just being named after the manager.

letissierandhenryaregreat

I don't think you should be allowed to relocate the club, it should just always be possible to build a new stadium (in terms of space being available), so relocating is an unnecessary option.

Massive thumbs up for being allowed to ask for a new stadium though, it's always struck me as being odd that we can't request one despite being able to ask for expansions.

I don't think you should be allowed to relocate the club, it should just always be possible to build a new stadium (in terms of space being available), so relocating is an unnecessary option.

Massive thumbs up for being allowed to ask for a new stadium though, it's always struck me as being odd that we can't request one despite being able to ask for expansions.

Agreed. It is a game after all and the council blocking the stadium expansion doesn't add any enjoyment to the game that I can find.

Allowed to ask council and council can send petition to local people asking if they wouldn't like to see the stadium expanded. If the majority wants the stadium to expanded it will go through.

It's not always that simple. In England at least a lot of stadiums don't have enough room to expand, the local residents aren't going to agree to you knocking down their houses to expand, and the council aren't going to let you build on a public road, not to mention stadiums next to rivers.

Asking for a new stadium is an idea, but I don't think it will add much. Most of the time you'll just get the response you get from asking for better youth/training facilities when you don't have enough money.

Concerning being allowed to ask for a new stadium

I believe, this should only be allowed once the expansion limit has been reached

Obviously the conditions for acceptance would be the same. Ie. Ground filled most matches, no debts, etc

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to ask for relocation but maybe the board can decide to relocate for financial reasons like the rent is too high in the council or city the club is in.

A :thdn: from me for being unrealistic. This has happened once I think in the top 4 English Leagues, and there was massive controversy about it, and still is. Non-league clubs occasionally have to move out of their town for a period because of League ground regulations and money issues, but it's too rare to be worth including IMO.

I'm not sure about requesting a new stadium either. I think asking for an expansion is about the limit of being realistic for the manager. Asking the club to embark on a £100m+ project is a bit too much of a stretch for me.

Good kind of ideas though, keep 'em coming and you'll strike gold soon enough ;)

I think that asking for a new stadium would be good addition but I think it should only become available after you have been at the club for a while and the board trust you a bit like asking for a specific feeder club. I don't like the idea of relocating a club however.

I pretty much agree on the expansion. I'm Liverpool in 2023, and we're filling Anfield, have done for several seasons, we're sucessful, we're rich(141 mil in the bank, minimal debt, could raise loads from selling Anfield), and I'd also be willing to only spend what I could raise for several seasons if needed. A reasonable chairman would probably agree to a new stadium. Yet the option is not there, and I can't expand as we've reached our limit.

I pretty much agree on the expansion. I'm Liverpool in 2023, and we're filling Anfield, have done for several seasons, we're sucessful, we're rich(141 mil in the bank, minimal debt, could raise loads from selling Anfield), and I'd also be willing to only spend what I could raise for several seasons if needed. A reasonable chairman would probably agree to a new stadium. Yet the option is not there, and I can't expand as we've reached our limit.

What is the limit for Anfield? I've been asking for years and so far, niente...

What is the limit for Anfield? I've been asking for years and so far, niente...

It's about 45000 I think. Can't remember the actual number, and my disk is misplaced, so I can't get on the game and check.

It mean that in the 14 years my game has been running(I've only played 3 of them), there's not been an ounce of work done on the stadium.

I've always wanted the option on whether or not to expand the stadium or build a new one altogether. It's kind of annoying to have money spent on an expansion when that money could have been stored away and used at a later date to build a new one. I realise that in real life, it isn't up to the manager to make these decisions, but you should be able to suggest it to the board, the same way we currently do with upgrades. It'd also be nice if it gave you an approximate amount of how much the upgrades cost.

relocation should only be an option in the 2 leagues where it might happen: Australia & USA.

I'd love to be given the option to relocate Houston Dynamo and even maybe alter their name, but then again, I always move my team in Madden purely for sh*ts and giggles!

I'm the mighty Toronto Bills at the moment!

I agree with the option to ask the board to build a new stadium. Currently in my Glasgow Rangers save i have maxed out Ibrox to 64,000 seats and the council wont allow me to expand any more. I have hundreds of millions in the bank (I am cheating outrageously in this save but thats neither here nor there) but stilll the board wont build a new stadium.

Maybe the old saying cheats never prosper is true. :p

relocation should only be an option in the 2 leagues where it might happen: Australia & USA.

I'd love to be given the option to relocate Houston Dynamo and even maybe alter their name, but then again, I always move my team in Madden purely for sh*ts and giggles!

I'm the mighty Toronto Bills at the moment!

I did that once when I used to play Madden and became the Mexico City Chiefs.

Archived